“We landed safely.”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We used miles and AA charged us so much for our "free" flights that it was barely worth it. $75 one way plus other costs for the privilege of using our miles. then there was a big luggage issue at the gate because people bring so many carry-ons that the overhead bins were full before we boarded. I prefer SOUTHWEST but had to fly to ORD this time.
We hope it is our last.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (48,895)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

There are not a lot of options to fly to Myrtle Beach after October 1st... I guess the airlines assume it's a 'summer' destination only. The usual 'direct' options weren't available. My lunchtime flight from Pearson connected in Charlotte... not too long, just 2 hours and I was in MYR by 5pm ready to relax and spend a relaxing 10 days in Pawleys Island.

• Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Recently I went in a girls trip to Cancun using American Airlines. To keep cost down we opted out of a direct flight. Once at the airport we were called to the podium. We were told our seats were changed due to the fact there was a family who wanted to sit together. I thought I was going to get a “closer” middle seat. Once we boarded we were moved to “business” class. Never flight up front before. Needless to say it was a great flight! The way back was a nice trip as well. The staff both ways were great.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We took AA718 PHL to Rome, and AA719 returning. Both were on an Airbus A330-300, a plane that has been in service since about 2001. No matter; the interior had been refreshed since the AA-US merger, and it was comfortable enough (for economy), with a bit more legroom than some other recent flights. The food was edible, and the cabin service was good.

The only problem was the entertainment system: it must be running on an old Atari in the back of the plane, because several minutes elapsed between touching a button and getting any response. One would be better off downloading a few movies to one's iPad before leaving home.

• Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I had selected a bulkhead, window seat at least 4 weeks prior to my flight (7A). At 6'5", I need the extra room, especially as I had to work on my trip to Chicago. When I went to check in the night before, I had been changed to 8A. I called American and was told that even though I am a premium flyer and could reserve bulkheads, they were really reserved for special needs flyers and my seat had been given to a physically challenged passenger. The man who took my seat was about 50 years of age and easily placed both of his two carry on bags (one a roller bag)in the overhead without assistance. My guess is he had either more status than I or was an American employee.

8A may be a "premium" seat for American Airlines but it does not offer sufficient space to open my lap top. I could not work. It is sad that American Airlines will not honor commitments even to their long term customers like myself. They have no concept of loyalty, customer service and especially honesty.

1  Thank KenCage