“Challenging connecting flight!”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The flight from Las Vegas to Tampa, FL has a connection in PHL (Philadelphia). The arrival flight was for 8:18 PM and departing flight leaves at 8:45 PM. When I got on the plane, it showed the flight landing in Terminal A in PHL, and my departing flight was in terminal C. How do they expect anyone to de-plane and get from terminal A to C in 22 minutes? It takes a good 10 minutes to get off the plane. I was so concerned that I paid $31 for a middle seat (middle seat!!!) on row 5, so I can get off the plane ASAP. I was lucky, my fellow seat partners asked the others in front to let me leave first so I can make the connection. As it turned out, the plane arrived late to PHL, around 8:25. My connecting flight was mostly boarded and they were calling group 9 (last group). The only reason I got on the flight was due to a terminal change from A to C, and I only needed to walk 500 feet to the next flight.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (48,806)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Nothing fancy, American Airlines got me to my destination. Being Australian I found it hard to understand the flight attendant as she spoke very quickly!

Date of travel: October 2018
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The flight was comfortable, with a short layover in Philadelphia. Once landed in Rome and at the baggage claim I had realized that I left my iPad on the plane (doh!). Needless to say I was worried, however the airport staff communicated back to the crew and I was able to meet one of the crew members at the baggage claim to retrieve the iPad. I was so thankful, Utah aside from that the crew was attentive and welcoming throughout the entire experience.

Date of travel: October 2018
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Power outages happen-yes, bad weather happens-yes, missed flights happen-yes but there is NO EXCUSE for RUDE, INCOMPETENT, and UNPROFESSIONAL. Flight 1848 was a hot mess with passengers experiencing all of the above! American Airlines flight attendants and ground crew that "greeted us" at the gate in Philadelphia were just that-rude, incompetent and unprofessional. Our flight was diverted to Pittsburgh to re-fuel due to a backlog at the Philadelphia airport after a power outage, preventing us from landing. The flight attendants, however were pretty much invisible after what was suppose to be a 3 hour flight. The additional 3 hours, they were either putting on make-up-witnessed, or perhaps attending to First Class-not witnessed.
Once we finally arrived in Philadelphia, the incompetence was magnified. A visibly disabled woman asked for a wheelchair, to which the "greeting" from the female attendant at the gate was, "It's right over there!" When questioned if she needed to push the wheelchair herself, the attendant snipped, "I'm gonna have ta call someone cuz I'm busy over here!"
We missed our connection and were booked on a flight the next morning. We were given a "pink slip" for a "hotel discount." The discount amounted to a hotel 22 miles away without a shuttle and over $200 for a room. The other option was a cot between terminals A & B with a single, rationed blanket and pillow. It was freezing! Five hours later, more disgruntled employees rustled us off the cots as "IT'S FIVE AM! TIME to GET UP!"...as they sprayed empty cots with Lysol.
Our connecting flight ended up not being able to land and thus diverted to another airport-in Rochester, NY. The ground attendants in Rochester, conversely, were wonderful!
The icing on the cake was a soak and wet carry-on bag thanks to the American Airlines ground crew that left our "red-tagged" carry-on bags sit in the rain prior to loading them on our connecting flight.
SHAME ON YOU American Airlines!

The American Airline Customer Service Department is EMAIL ONLY, and "resolved" the issue with a few thousand points to my FF acct-Whoop! Whoop!
When I requested escalation of my complaint to show some Corrective Action, the next email from Customer Service claimed:

" I received your reply and see that you're still unhappy with us. For this reason, I attempted to reach you via phone but my attempts were unsuccessful. I don't want to keep you waiting on a response so I'm reaching out to you by email.

One of my primary responsibilities in Customer Relations is to help our customers who have experienced a situation such as yours. I'm sorry that I wasn't able to resolve the issue to your satisfaction.

I can see that you feel strongly about this issue. I took another look at your original complaint, as well as our response and, at this time, I don't see any new information that would change our position."

Customer Beware!!! If you MUST fly American...which many of us in small towns are sometimes required to do....take a snack, a dose of EXTREME patience and your happy face.

2  Thank CPA776
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Worst experience. I would recommend you take other flight. I will never buy American Airlines ticket again. There are tons of airlines that depart from Toronto and I am almost sure anyone is better than this one.
Flight was OK, but boarding staff is the worse I’ve seen.

1  Thank roxanan21