“Love the direct flight”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 15 November 2018

A little slow / late boarding in Charlotte. The same un-friendly gate clerk there again as was in May. Once boarded, all went well. Finally, they got the priority bags loaded correct so that in Cozumel, they were some of the first off.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (51,122)

Reviewed 15 November 2018 via mobile

My husband and I booked American Airlines for an anniversary weekend. They are horrible. We tried to check in 43 mins prior to the flight. The lady st the check in gate wouldn’t allow us to. They have a 45 min check in policy. She told us we were on the next flight out. Only to learn we were on stand by for the night flight. My husband and I spent half our anniversary in the airport instead of on the beach. When we asked them to assign us seats on the next flight out, we were told they only do that for 1st class.
We did not purchase 1st class seats.

We ended up flying separate which was horrible.

All the staff we encountered were rude. Since when is spending SEVERAL hundred dollars become something to put your nose up at?

Reviewed 15 November 2018 via mobile

We left late from Miami because extra fuel was needed to insure a safe trip to Barcelona. I believe they had to change routes because of weather. When seat belts were called for the flight staff made sure passengers complied. The flight attendants were professional as they offered food and snacks. The bathrooms were kept clean and the TV choices plentiful. It was a long day but well spent with American.

Date of travel: November 2018
Reviewed 15 November 2018

Nice flight to Orlando save for the stop in Miami where we arrive late and lost the connection. Since the next flight was full we had to wait to another flight but nobody asure us that we were going to fly that day. The attention was not very good. When they put us two flights after the original one, they didn't respect my category in AA. They didn't consider that even for attending my concern about flying to Orlando. I always choose AA for my business trip, I even prefer to stop in Dallas or Miami instead of going through Lima by LATAM whenever I travel from Argentina to Mexico. But who cares for my selection, nobody apparently. Despite this situation, the service is good the planes are great.

Reviewed 15 November 2018

The flight was delayed from originally taking off at 5:39 p.m., and passengers were asked to wait until further notice. At about 6:10 were asked to board, which involved leaving the terminal building and getting onto to a bus to be driven to the plane for boarding. Once everyone was on board, and before the bus even moved , we we asked to return to the terminal, because the plane need mechanical attention. We we asked to wait in the terminal waiting at the gate and not to leave, as they would be announcing boarding instructions. Therefore we couldn't leave to use restrooms or restaurants for fear of missing a boarding call. An hour and half later , we were loaded onto a bus and boarded the plane. The stewardess tells us,as we are buckled in and waiting, that "funny story" she says, that our original plane just needed a little oil, but then another flight took that airplane, so we were assigned a plane that had "mechanical issues" "ha ha" she says. We did not need to hear that. Then the pilot comes on the speaker and says, well folks, this plane does not have enough fuel for our trip, so we'll need to wait while we re fuel. Another half hour. Then once we start taxi-ing, the pilot says the runway is backed up and we need to wait in the queue. Another half hour. This was the worst of the American Airlines delays, but I must add that I was also delayed on my original trip from Providence that flew into Philadelphia. I won't be flying American again.