“American Airlines - flights were actually on time”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Sadly, we don't have much trust in American Airlines because my husband travels frequently out of Columbia, Missouri, and his flights home have often been delayed. We still like flying out of Columbia, though, so we take our chances. Our trip to Cancun (COU to ORD to Cancun and then the return trip from Cancun to DFW to COU ran on time! I watched two movies from Chicago to Cancun. On the way back, I slept through both segments. Economy was as fine as it's ever going to be. We traveled light and didn't check baggage.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (48,739)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We bounced when we landed and the pilot never apologized.
They didn't provide any information about baggage claim or connecting flights.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The american Airlines is the worst ever. I was travelling with Senior adults, one with pacemaker and the walking was extremely difficult from them. american airlines changed the gate from one point to exactly the opposite. There were little cars but noone wanted to take my parents to the other gate. They said they needed the order and there wasnt any place to posted the order.
Criteria from employees is terrible.

Date of travel: October 2018
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

American has the most "steerage class-oriented" mindset among the airlines. When my wife and I are seated apart on Delta, approaching the gate agent always gets you pleasant assistance and they usually can find seats. AA clearly has told its personnel to give us nothing. The agent gave me a "boarding zone 9?" surly look and they said they have been instructed to not help us with changing seats. Sure, the plane was full, but they wouldn't even look for options.

By the way, I brought with me a tiny bottle of Maker's Mark. Look it up online .... if it's within TSA size guidelines for liquids, this is permitted. A flight attendant pulled it out of the trash and held it up to me, telling me this is illegal and they can charge me if I bring a beverage on the plane. He was wrong.

I do wonder what these AA employees are hearing from their management at "Gouge the Passenger" get-togethers. They are profitable ... but the greed is endless, I suppose. Anyway, this summarizes what they think of us.

1  Thank MarkTrencher
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We were delayed leaving Houston due to flights into Dallas Fort Worth, so that put us behind getting to our gate to board our next flight. Got a new connection but then they changed the gate. This is not a pleasant experience.