“Average Business Class Flight”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I spent my connection in the Flagship Lounge, thanks to my Platinum Pro status with American. The lounge was, as per usual, busy. Food selections were mediocre, but the self-serve bar is always appreciated.

Boarding was announced earlier than anticipated in the lounge, so I quickly gathered my belongings and headed to the gate. Boarding Group 6 was already being boarded when I arrived at the gate. I wish that American would actually board at the time listed on the boarding pass. Thankfully, there was room above my seat still for my bags. After a few minutes at my seat, the gate agent approached me and informed me that my upgrade had cleared into Business Class. YAY!!! I gathered my belongings and made the very joyful track up front, where there was still plenty of room in the overhead bin for my belongings.

The seat that I was assigned was a rear-facing seat. As I would come to find out, this seat has pros and cons. The pros are that you don't have to wear a shoulder belt as you do in the forward-facing Zodiac seats aboard this 777-200 in Business Class, and you have more surface area to place things like drinks, etc. The big con, however, is that the seat is very narrow and the footwell is very narrow, too, making sleep for me difficult, especially with the warm cabin. Waiting for me at my seat was a nice pillow and blanket, menu, Bose Headphones (which only one ear worked) and a Cole Haan amenity kit.

Despite being upgraded at the last minute, I was still offered a pre-departure beverage of a Mimosa and a newspaper. Meal orders were taken before takeoff and Dasani water bottles were passed out, and I selected the short ribs. Once in the air, we were offered hot towels, followed by warm nuts, and a drink of choice. The appetizer was a shrimp plate with remoulade sauce. It was surprisingly spicy, which I welcomed. The salad was fine, and came with a few strawberries, and olive oil and vinegar dressing. A choice of bread rolls were offered from the bread basket, and re-fills would later be offered. My main entree course was decent as far as American entrees go, though certainly nothing special. Dessert was a always welcomed ice cream sundae. Coffee and tea were offered with the dessert.

One of the business class lavatories apparently wasn't working, which meant the line for the lavatory was a bit longer than normal throughout the flight. The mid-cabin walk-up bar offered bottles of Crystal Geyser water. and a hummus snack when I looked at it, though the water bottles were sadly gone when I woke up in the morning.

Breakfast service consisted of a delicious and fluffy scrambled eggs plate with hash browns. A tomato and sausage were also on the plate, but I avoided those. There was also a fruit plate on the tray, which was meh. A choice of breakfast breads was offered from the bread basket, and I chose the always reliable biscuit.

Soon, we arrived at London's airport, and I began the long trek to my connecting flight.

Overall, the lack of quality sleep was a disappointment, but the flight still was enjoyable.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (48,132)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We had two flights. From New Orleans to Miami and Miami to Barbados. And return flights. Flights were both smooth and the flight attendants were fantastic! Had our 3 kids with us and we all were happy with service.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The plane is very tight and you don't have your own TV. Only good thing was the staff where very nice.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Flying out of Lexington, KY I always fly AA because of cost. I am disabled and use a scooter. I gate check my scooter and walk onto plane with crutches . I was allowed to board first but then I wait to get off because I am so slow. Service was good on both American Eagle and AA. Had to rush to connect flight in DFW because of a weather delay leaving Portland but made the flight. Service was good but the sandwich my husband got was mediocre. I carry snacks so I don’t ever buy their food.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Very Comfortable, Free Wifi but no TV screen on the back of the seat which would have been better. You can choose your seat when you check in but you have to pay a $10 surcharge.