“As redeyes go, this one was pretty good”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

One bonus of an overnight flight is the lack of PA announcements, especially those fingernail-on-blackboard sales pitches for the airline credit card. The wifi was reliable and fast enough to stream a movie to while away the hours, and there was little in the way of distraction or annoyance.

The seats are still too close together and impossible to sleep soundly in since they can't recline very far. Also, the flight attendants had closed the bins over my row near the front, but didn't say they were empty. They were holding them for the bulkhead seats, but they didin't need that much space, and I had to squeeze my way back several rows on landing to get my carry-on. Not horrible, but not well done.

There was only one drink service, and I never heard them offer any food for purchase, but since most people were asleep, that kind of makes sense.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (47,791)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This flight is between 9-10 hours in a tiny hard seat. I used the flight blanket to add extra padding on my seat because of how bad it was and even that wasn't good enough. Couldn't sleep because of how uncomfortable the seat was and CRYING BABIES the whole overnight flight. Airport workers tried trolling me by saying "are you sick you look terrible" and I responded "no I flew coach on American."

Boarding- Instead of gate agents telling people to sit until your group was called they let everyone stand in some mass crowd and you have to shoulder check people to find your group number "line" in all the madness.

In flight/food- Food was gross. Insult to Japanese food. The only edible items was a bread roll and a lemon square. Quickly after being served flight attendants already started collecting trays. Why the rush it's at least 8 hours until landing? Passed on the breakfast I'd rather eat in the airport. What was insulting was hearing the typical "we know you have a choice in airlines and thanks for flying American Airlines" speech. Uhhh.....no. Obvious airline monopoly going on with US airlines that makes me call BS.

Would I do it again? idk. Do I have a choice? Not really.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I was traveling to Phoenix for a conference with my wife who can not walk long distances & our 11 month old granddaughter who has Down syndrome. Could we get seats together? No! Not even if we were willing to pay! Was there help for my wife to get from check in to the gate even though this was requested? NO! Neither was their assistance for the transfer at DFW nor upon our arrival in Phoenix. Probably because our plane was almost 2 hours late!!! If it were not for some nice flight attendants moving us around we would not have even sat together. On our outbound Trip our connection at dfw was late. Ok, I understand some bad weather.
But then these idiots boarded the plane even though there was no pilot nor copilot! How do you not have pilots on call in your home city? Then they kept sending me text messages while we were sitting on the plane telling me about the flight delays! They Should rename the airline BOHICA Air!

1  Thank rwidiot
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Flight was delayed 15 minutes. Everyone boards the plane and gets seated. So far not bad. Then the pilot announces we will be here a while longer, we are waiting for an oil change and fuel.

Why o why did you board us when we could have sat comfortably in the lounge?!?!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I recently had a round trip from CLT to CDMX via American and found my experience to be okay. I normally fly Delta, and this experience reminded me why- service. The flight attendants on our flight back were rude, and were annoyed when asked anything. The service on our outbound flight was average, which is why I’m not giving this a lower rating.