“Quick easy flight”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 15 October 2018

Had to take a last minute flight...the price was outrageous at $898 for a flight that was less than 3 hours. But the service was great and the attendants were friendly. I have their credit card so at least my first bag was free. I will fly again and hopefully have more notice so I don't get overcharged again.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (48,104)

Reviewed 15 October 2018

Ah, AA how I miss thee! To be fair the 3 hour flight from Miami to Antigua was fine, good service,friendly crew! The food is food so give up on that. My issue is the return flight. We didn’t see the crew for 1.5-1.75 hours. No drinks, no service and then it wham, bam, no thanks man.

The problem isn’t the exception but the fact it’s becoming the expected on AA. I’ve had 4 hour flights from Miami to Ecuador with no working wi-fi. Daughter’s flight from TPA to Miami had no working A/C! Oh how I miss thee! Jet Blue to EC is now the viable alternative.

Reviewed 15 October 2018

I was scheduled to fly on AA 4821 on 10/12/18, but it was cancelled by AA. I was rebooked on AA 0819 on 10/11/18, which seemed to make no sense to me given that there was a hurricane in the Southeast US at that time. Thus, I called AA multiple times and each time was told that the flight departure was on time. When I arrived at the airport, we were told by the ground crew that the flight was cancelled because the flight crew refused to fly. I requested reimbursement for my taxi fare to and from the airport, but was told that it was weather related. I was refused an opportunity to speak with a supervisor other than the manager at the gate. I don't believe, as AA says, that the crew could not get there due to weather because the crew should have been in Charleston the night before given that it was a 6:49 AM flight or I should not have been repeatedly told that the flight was on time. I filed a complaint with AA customer services and was told that it was weather related. I asked to communicate with a supervisor, but the representative refused to forward my complaint to one. This was bad management by AA, not a weather problem.

Reviewed 15 October 2018

I've flown American Airlines for years mostly because their routes go to cities I need to visit for both work as well as family destinations. First the down side: I'm short (5' tall) so I don't have issues with where I sit. My husband on the other hand is just under 6' tall and really has issues unless he gets an aisle seat. It's really annoying to also have so many seats blocked for "Premier"- why pay more to sit closer to the front WITHOUT getting more leg room or a larger seat? We're all getting there at the same time. Also,.the AirBus seats are not comfortable and very difficult to recline, especially on longer flight legs. And finally, in air food is overpriced - bring your own if you must eat.
However, on the plus side, American has a good "on time" record whenever we've used them. And their drink service is always quick. Now if they would just take a cue from Southwest and stop charging for every little thing, they would move up to 5 stars.

Reviewed 15 October 2018

Great service and clean and comfortable ,

As it's a long haul, it is important to be able to sleep without being disturbed, Cabin staff were extremely considerate.