“Premium Economy Flight”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Sat in row 6 which was right behind the bathroom and close to the 'kitchen' on this flight. We boarded at 9:30 pm and I expected to get some shut-eye once we took off. Did not happen. The flight attendants were so loud it was impossible to rest.
Talking loudly, laughing, slamming doors and drawers. Very frustrating. I had to use headphones to try to drown them out. That barely helped, that's how loud they were. Seats were great. Roomy with footrests, private tv screens, adjustable headrests. Just very noisy

• Food and Beverage
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (46,755)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The night before our trip to the DR, I received a text that our first class seats had been changed to coach and that we were landing in an airport in a totally different region. This affected only out commute to the DR but everything was the same going back home.

I called the American Airlines and encountered a terribly rude lady. She was yelling at me. The explanation I received was that there was no crew. I asked to speak to a manager. After waiting awhile, I spoke with one. He wasn’t yelling but he was polite either given what they had done to us.
American Airlines gave me the runaround about how to file a claim to be reimbursed the difference in the costs of the tickets. I contacted Costco who I booked the trip through and was told I needed to contact AA. I contacted trip insurance Travel guard who said I needed something in writing from the Airlines. Well I could never talk to anyone through their automated systems. 3 months passed and AA gave me back about $400. It should’ve been about a $1000. I do not recommend a company that would treat first class or any customer this way. They also did not fully reimburse me my money so I feel as if I’ve literally been robbed.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Had a very bizarre & some what scary flight due to unfortunate events i'd prefer not to go into but ended up staying in the airport longer than needed to make a witness statement by FBI, was offered a free car transfer as compensation by a lovely lady dealing with the matter. We were informed to go and collect our luggage and head outside where our car would be waiting...we waited for 40 minutes and no car arrived, so had to get a taxi at 1.30am US time to our hotel. A little disappointed as should have been escorted and made sure it had arrived. Otherwise was very happy with the service of airline crew and airport staff friendliness. Security staff at JFK were incredibly rude and patronising! we were told to queue for a specific queue for security only to be shouted at to move to another, when we were following previous instructions! gentleman was very rude! and made sarcastic comments in response to us replying we were told to go to this queue, he said oh yes go and line up in the queue that is the longest, thats a good idea!
VERY RUDE!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I am, by virtue of living in the Philadelphia area, nearly fated to flying American Airlines. I fly often and far and have already obtained Platinum Pro status for this year. In general American get the job done, but will never impress you with their service. Yesterday they truly fell on their sword.
My wife and I were returning from two weeks in Greece. We had flown over in Business Class, but booked economy on the return leg. First of all, as is now almost always the case, the airplane was full to capacity. Boarding was okay, but things went downhill from there.
The cabin crew were surly and far from welcoming. After flying Aegean Airlines within Greece the difference was even more stark. The inflight ‘service’ was embarrassing. Less than halfway through the flight the flight attendants reported that they had run out of the complimentary wine. Sitting in row #10 and seeing several wine bottles in the Business Class galley was even more annoying.
The lavatory situation was grim. With a full aircraft the facilities in “our class of service” quickly became disgusting. I know that the cabin crew is there for ‘our safety’, but can’t someone use a mop or a Swifter at some time during the flight.
The most embarrassing and disappointing part of the flight came after landing. We arrived on-time, but then spent 55 minutes on the tarmac awaiting a gate. Add to that American’s ‘standard’ 40+ minute delay for luggage after customs made the arrival process a terrible joke of inefficiency. My wife and I were home, but I felt sorry for the passengers with connections who incorrectly calculated that a 2 hour layover was ‘safe’ for their travels.
American may be the worlds largest airline, but it is FAR from the best.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Ground personnel extremely unfriendly, wanted to tax mee 100US$ for excess luggage (suitcase wasn't' even full, had material with me on way that I no longer had), refused me the assistance that I had requested (which was confirmed) so I had drag most heavy hand luggage and go by foot all the way. I had a very expensive ticket (paid 3x the price than many other on same flight). Plane was dirty, WC even worse. In)flight entertainment did not work properly (both ways). Did not receive drinks I asked for. Upon arrival in LHR and out of the plane there was nobody from AA to open up the gate way into the airport building, to we stood there waiting. Extremely bad service and very expensive.

• Food and Beverage