“Bad Luck or Poor service ?”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Departed Charlotte an hour late awaiting flight crew arrival. Arrived in Phoenix and sat on runway for an hour or so due to terminal shut down because car was abandoned at the curb. 4 and one half hour flight turned to 6 hours.;

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (46,772)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I fly on American Airlines for business all of the time. It's a good airlines with very few delays. The only problem I ever have is finding out where to pick up my checked luggage.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

clean,good and comfortable all around experience. I would recommend this airline in the future for anyone flying from RDU.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Look, I'm one of those people that doesn't take pleasure in bashing a business. I get that no one can get it right all of the time. With that said, I'm not flying American Airlines ever again.

Why? If I wanted a budget airline experience, I would want to be paying a budget airline fare.

I paid for access to the Admirals Club as I didn't want to be sitting around at the gate. My experience of lounges has been limited to British Airways and Virgin Atlantic where you get complimentary drinks (soft and alcoholic), a menu to order meals from (free of charge), and in the case of Virgin Atlantic, a haircut and massage free!

American Airlines Admirals Club is basically the Port Authority Bus Terminal in New York. Vegetable snacks, candy, and soup were the only free offerings. Every other food option had to be paid for. Soft drinks were free, as too their well liquor, but that was it.

The lounge itself seriously needs a makeover. It needs to be modernized and made more like a hotel lobby with defined spaces and not an office canteen/bus terminal waiting room.

To their credit, the lounge staff were exceptionally friendly and polite and the drinks were poured strong.

Moving to the flight itself, there was ample leg room and that's where the positive ends. No seat back entertainment (this is a 737-800 so it's relatively new), there was, however, drop down screens that after playing the safety video, did nothing more than play a constant loop of NBC show trailers and American Airlines credit card advertisements for two hours!

The crew was so-so. Nothing to write home about. The WiFi worked but cost $12 which is just another reason to nickel and dime the passenger.

Not sure how long the flight deck crew have been flying planes, but whoever did the landing clearly was bored with the flight as they threw the jet onto the runway. I haven't had such a hard landing in 30+ years of flying.

In summary, never again. My expectations are clearly not aligned with who American Airlines is as a business.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Flew round trip to London. To flight was OK. I was told I could not carry my cpap medical device onboard unless I checked my purse of medicine caddy, but it got there and only one hose was missing, rendering it useless for the length of my trip.
Flight back was not plesant. Once again had to repack to put my cpap in a checked bag. Flight sat at gate 1 hour and 20 minutes after boarding (not AA's fault) and was delayed on takeoff 20 more minutes. Those things happen. Got to DFW 2 hours late, flight to Tulsa was cancelled,,,but not until 1AM...spent night in terminal due to weather. Not AA's fault, except for the late termination. When I got on a plane after noon the next day, we waited an hour for an AA flight crew to arrive in DFW because they needed to be in Tulsa to meet a flight later. Then my luggage (and my cpap) stayed in Dallas for reasons known but to luggage people. they were really nice to talk to, but it was midnight the next day before I got my luggage. I will NOT fly AA again if I can help it. This from an old woman whose first AA flight was on a DC4 in sometime in the late 1940's early 1050'S.