“A nice change to my opinion of AA”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Over the past several years we have flown mostly on Southwest Airlines because they provided the cheapest, most direct and most reliable not to be late or cancelled flights. Every time within the last five years that we chose to take AA there was always some extreme delay or problems with the plane or any other excuse they could have for not getting you where you needed to be in a timely manner. St Louis used to be a hub for AA and since it isn’t any longer we had been far less than impressed. That said, I chose an AA flight over spring break because flights were already very high and the number of direct flights on most airlines are very slim now from St Louis. But, I have to say we had a great experience. I had a back issue flair up on our flight out (which was on time!!) and the flight attendants were extremely helpful and compassionate. They were so caring and did everything they could do to make sure I was as comfortable as possible in addition to making sure everyone else got drinks, snacks and anything else they needed. I worried that I wouldn’t have the same experience on my wa home but other than a one hour delay (that ended up REALLY ONLY being an hour), we were on our way home with a great captain who did what he could to keep us informed of making up some time and the flight attendants on the way back were just as caring and helpful again. I was more than relieved to get back to St Louis and be happy with our flights. It almost seems to be a crap shoot anymore of what kind of service you will get and how reliable your cloning will be. These flights renewed my faith in flying AA.

• Value for money
Write a ReviewReviews (46,723)

This way the April 3 morning direct flight from LAX to CMH

Worst flight ever , to the point I almost changed to another airline coming back tonight.

As a platinum member , I usually love American. This time every crew member was horrible. I don't use that word lightly. Not one smile , not on thank you and you felt like you were bothering them.

Woke up half way during flight and cart was in way , normally fly first class but this time due to late booking went coach. So I went to use the first class bathroom as again cart in the way and I thought I was a criminal. Guy says nothing to me looks pissed and I use it. Come out and I as the customer apologize and he says nothing , but follows me out and with force pulls the curtain shut.

When I asked to BUY food , lady said " you can wait a minute , I need to go back just hold on , looked pissed.

Twice another bumped into me as I fell asleep and leg was a little out and they said " watch it ". Really ??? Are you kidding me American. If your whole crew is so pissed to be on the morning flight , fire them or put them on later flights

I still love AA, but the trip I have next week and end of month will be with Delta. Hope I don't find them much friendlier.

I even asked a co-worker not sitting with me what she thought and this person NEVER complains and said she Is thinking of calling in a complaint.

It was very uncomfortable. Had their been an emergency I have no confidence this crew could of handled it

My son will by flying to Texas in a couple weeks and I won't book AA. Sorry , I just don't feel comfortable

Very disappointed platinum member

1  Thank Michael S
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Well, I decided to give American Airlines yet another chance, of course, not having many options to choose from, helped a bit.
Surprisingly this time I had s pleasant flight, no problems, courteous service and on time.

Reviewed 6 April 2018

I always fly American because I have the credit card and I get the miles for free flights. I wouldn't have gotten the card if I didn't like their service.

I've always had great experience with them. I get great service with them and am satisfied with the flights each time.

• Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 6 April 2018

This ordeal started on March 19th when my AA flight to Dallas was delayed by several hours for a broken piece on the plane. After several hours we were loaded onto the plane and once we were all boarded we were then told the plane was still broken and we had to unload the plane. This caused a large quantity of people wanting to go to Dallas and not enough seats. There were three of us traveling and we needed to get to Dallas for an important meeting. When the gate agent was unable to assist we asked for a manager. The manager came over and was extremely rude and obviously overwhelmed. During the brief conversation he walked away and refused to speak with us. Numerous other passengers told us they couldn’t believe how the manager acted. A little while later a female passenger was trying to speak with the manager and he was being rude to her as well so we re-approached the manager who was again rude and pushed passed us as he yelled he was calling 911. A minute later 5 state troopers arrived for a reported disturbance. They obviously quickly determined there was no disturbance and they cleared the area. This was extremely embarrassing and very unprofessional behavior. Our flight ended up leaving over 10 hours late and at the time all we received were 2 airport meal vouchers. The positives were the flight was a very new plane which was almost empty. The flight attendants were amazing and the pilot gave us one of the smoothest flights I have ever been on. After several communications back and forth with AA they offered to give us 10,000 points which I believe is a very small token based on the rude and unprofessional behavior we encountered along with the embarrassment of the police being called. We missed a day of our meeting and AA won’t be my first choice in the future.