“Bad experience at airport with some positives once in the air.”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 6 April 2018

This ordeal started on March 19th when my AA flight to Dallas was delayed by several hours for a broken piece on the plane. After several hours we were loaded onto the plane and once we were all boarded we were then told the plane was still broken and we had to unload the plane. This caused a large quantity of people wanting to go to Dallas and not enough seats. There were three of us traveling and we needed to get to Dallas for an important meeting. When the gate agent was unable to assist we asked for a manager. The manager came over and was extremely rude and obviously overwhelmed. During the brief conversation he walked away and refused to speak with us. Numerous other passengers told us they couldn’t believe how the manager acted. A little while later a female passenger was trying to speak with the manager and he was being rude to her as well so we re-approached the manager who was again rude and pushed passed us as he yelled he was calling 911. A minute later 5 state troopers arrived for a reported disturbance. They obviously quickly determined there was no disturbance and they cleared the area. This was extremely embarrassing and very unprofessional behavior. Our flight ended up leaving over 10 hours late and at the time all we received were 2 airport meal vouchers. The positives were the flight was a very new plane which was almost empty. The flight attendants were amazing and the pilot gave us one of the smoothest flights I have ever been on. After several communications back and forth with AA they offered to give us 10,000 points which I believe is a very small token based on the rude and unprofessional behavior we encountered along with the embarrassment of the police being called. We missed a day of our meeting and AA won’t be my first choice in the future.

Date of travel: March 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (48,807)

Reviewed 6 April 2018

I booked this flight only hours prior to departure, and was pleased to find First Class space still available. Check-in was easy via the American Airlines app. There was a lengthy wait at security, including the Pre-Check line, which was disappointing. The boarding area was chaotic and it was tough to find a seat. The gate agent announced boarding would be a bit delayed as the flight had arrived late. Eventually, boarding was called, and once on-board things instantly improved.

I had an empty seat next to me in First Class for the entire flight, which was very nice. The lead flight attendant, Mark, was awesome. He offered a pre-departure beverage of choice and kept up informed throughout the flight, including that we'd likely arrive early. His service throughout the flight continued to be awesome. Drink re-fills and passing of the snack basket occurred frequently throughout the flight. He read connections over the PA. While I wish there was more substantive of a meal offered than a passing of the snack basket, overall the flight was great.

Date of travel: April 2018
Reviewed 6 April 2018

This is the second time I have missed my flight in Charlotte. I have flown alot inmy life and I have NEVER missed a flight...until I had to connect in Charlotte that is. Once domestic and this last time, international. I am not sure what it is abut this airport or if the airlines make the connections too close. All I know is most of my flight from Jamaica was connecting in Charlotte and we all missed our connections. I contacted AA directly about my issue and resolved it after the fact and luckily I was going to a major city so I was able to get home the same day. The lady in front of me at customer service had to catch a flight to Dallas, stay in a hotel and get an early flight the next day so I was lucky.

Reviewed 6 April 2018

usually i will not travel oversees on a U.S carrier, but had no choice for this trip and was pleasantly surprised at the service, mostly about the nice attitudes from the flight attendants. the food was ok and the flight was unremarkable.

Reviewed 6 April 2018

Gluten Free nightmare- rude staff and customer service said just bring your own FOOD
I was unable to check in as I was on another flight coming in and could not check in
on line

I asked for Gluten Free my throat swells I have a epi pen
I was told we do not have that option you need to order 24 hr before because they having a catering company I was on another trip and could NOT CHECK in 24 hr B4
and they do not feel they need to cater to allergies" we try :is what I was told.
I over heard the stewardess talking about me,She called me names and was extemely unprofessional.