“Surprised”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 6 April 2018

usually i will not travel oversees on a U.S carrier, but had no choice for this trip and was pleasantly surprised at the service, mostly about the nice attitudes from the flight attendants. the food was ok and the flight was unremarkable.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (41,750)

Reviewed 6 April 2018

Gluten Free nightmare- rude staff and customer service said just bring your own FOOD
I was unable to check in as I was on another flight coming in and could not check in
on line

I asked for Gluten Free my throat swells I have a epi pen
I was told we do not have that option you need to order 24 hr before because they having a catering company I was on another trip and could NOT CHECK in 24 hr B4
and they do not feel they need to cater to allergies" we try :is what I was told.
I over heard the stewardess talking about me,She called me names and was extemely unprofessional.

Reviewed 6 April 2018

Internal US flights are like a bus service - hop on / hop off. Flight was punctual departing and arriving. Two cabin crew to offer complimentary soft drinks to about 150 passengers on a 90 minute flight is tough going but it was achieved - just.

Reviewed 6 April 2018

Still the best business class cabin and seat between LAX and LHR. Cabin crew do not go out of their way to make you feel welcome. Cabin service could be described as brusque. Meals were flavourful but not particularly attractive. New Business/First lounge at LAX is a huge improvement over the old Admirals Club lounge. Good food in the lounge. For me it is all about the seat on the plane.

Reviewed 6 April 2018

Old aircraft, with horrible service.

Part of our honeymoon we flew with BA outbound to the states, on the way back the carrier was AA. The plane itself was old, dated and had features you'd expect on a 1970's aircraft.
Food was mediocre, but probably an upgrade from economy.

Service was shocking, and quite frankly disgusting. The attendant skipped us during drinks, and had a very rude demeanour to him. What was worse was the lack of care attention or empathy he displayed.

It might be a simple mistake forgetting drinks, but when it was dinner time - to get my attention he pushed me on the chest a few times. Not prodded or tapped, but pushed. I was a little thrown off by this but again, gave him the benefit of the doubt.

My wife was given a dirty fork with her meal - there was food residue on the "clean" fork. When asked for a new fork he mentioned "Oh well thats bad" and continued to serve other guests.

I immediately called him back and told him not to speak that way with my wife. I escalated it to the lead stewardess who had brought my wife another fork and apologised.

If I wasn't so tired I would have escalated this further and made a big deal about this.

Last time American Airlines ever gets our business.