“777-300 ER still the best long haul business class ride LAX to LHR.”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 6 April 2018

Still the best business class cabin and seat between LAX and LHR. Cabin crew do not go out of their way to make you feel welcome. Cabin service could be described as brusque. Meals were flavourful but not particularly attractive. New Business/First lounge at LAX is a huge improvement over the old Admirals Club lounge. Good food in the lounge. For me it is all about the seat on the plane.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (41,472)

Reviewed 6 April 2018

Old aircraft, with horrible service.

Part of our honeymoon we flew with BA outbound to the states, on the way back the carrier was AA. The plane itself was old, dated and had features you'd expect on a 1970's aircraft.
Food was mediocre, but probably an upgrade from economy.

Service was shocking, and quite frankly disgusting. The attendant skipped us during drinks, and had a very rude demeanour to him. What was worse was the lack of care attention or empathy he displayed.

It might be a simple mistake forgetting drinks, but when it was dinner time - to get my attention he pushed me on the chest a few times. Not prodded or tapped, but pushed. I was a little thrown off by this but again, gave him the benefit of the doubt.

My wife was given a dirty fork with her meal - there was food residue on the "clean" fork. When asked for a new fork he mentioned "Oh well thats bad" and continued to serve other guests.

I immediately called him back and told him not to speak that way with my wife. I escalated it to the lead stewardess who had brought my wife another fork and apologised.

If I wasn't so tired I would have escalated this further and made a big deal about this.

Last time American Airlines ever gets our business.

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Flew from London to New York with AA. I was dreading the 7hour flight but it was actually quite pleasant. The flight crew were lovely, service was excellent and the food was pretty good as far as airplane food goes. Boarding was organised and flight was on time. I get really anxious during takeoff and landing....fairplay to the pilot, smoothest landing I have ever experienced!

Return flight was not so good..late departing due to a ‘minor mechanical issue’ as a nervous flyer, I really wish the Pilot hadn’t announced that! I didn’t need to know this!! The flight crew weren’t as professional as the previous crew...actually, that is an unfair comment, the flight crew were great, it was one lady in particular who I thought was unprofessional and quite frankly looked as if she couldn’t be bothered to do her job! Firstly, as passengers were still boarding she instigated a conversation with her colleague relating to other colleagues which I thought was unprofessional. My partner also noted that the same lady was watching videos on her phone during take off. Also during take off one of the over head lockers flew open and a bag almost landed on a fellow passengers head! This was in the section where she was working and I assume it was her responsibility for checking that the over head lockers were closed correctly!? Whilst passengers were getting off the airplane in London, she barely acknowledged them.

All in all, I would fly AA again. I do think it’s wrong how they charge you extra to choose a seat which basically, if travelling with a partner you have to do if you want to guarantee being sat together. If you don’t you will most likely end up being sat next to or in between stranger on the opposite side of the aircraft to your partner which can make the 7 hour journey quite uncomfortable!

1  Thank emmalouisethomas84
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Arrived at Tucson airport at 3 am on the Saturday before Easter for a flight at 5:24. Boarding was delayed while the maintenance people addressed a problem the Captain had identified. Boarded late, pushed back from the gate and the Captain tells us that he can't get one of the engines started. They work on this for almost 2 hours. American's maintenance people give up and we are told that as we disembark, we'll be given a number and someone will work with us to reschedule our trip. No one is giving out numbers, and no one is interested in helping anyone. We wait in line at an adjacent boarding gate, but this results in a heartless gate agent telling everyone she can't help them and we needed to find someone else. We go out to the main ticket counter, stand in line for 30 - 45 minutes and then are told we are all in the wrong line. At this point, we give up and call American Airlines. We are offered a flight on Delta, 24 hours from now, that will put us back in Madison almost 24 hours later than we were scheduled. No apology, just this is the way it is. We ask about other near airports, and are told we could get into Milwaukee by 10:30 - THE NEXT DAY. That's better than after 5:00, so we take it. But, our AA app tells us that the cancelled flight will now fly at 2:00. So, we wait for the 2:00 flight to Chicago. We are told that AA has flown in a replacement part. While waiting, we are told that AA flew in the wrong replacement part. Is there no end to what would be hugely embarrassing mistakes to anyone else? Then, we talk to the Captain and his crew, and they will time out at 3, so if the plane isn't ready to fly by then, there will be no one to fly it. Of course, after waiting now until 3, we are once again told that the flight isn't ready. ISN'T READY?! This is like a keystone cops drama, where American Airlines people continue to try for the most incompetent airline people in the world. We give up on the flight to Chicago, since AA never thought that they might need a crew to fly the plane after 3. We wait until 11:30 pm, fly from Tucson to Charlottesville, NC, wait a couple of hours and fly to Milwaukee. These two legs went according to plan. Questions to ponder - why were we told we would be given a number and why were we told that someone would help us when no system was set up to do this? Why was American so unprepared in Tucson for a plane that had a mechanical issue that they had NO ONE that could help? Why was the plane to Chicago continually held out as an option? Why was the wrong part ordered/sent? Why was no effort made to find a captain and crew that could fly the plane after it was fixed? Why is American so inept?

Reviewed 6 April 2018

My wife and I had tickets for a roundtrip to Florida on 3/21. Unfortunately a snow storm cancelled the first leg of the trip meaning our trip was not going to happen. AA said the only option was to get rebooked 4 days later which meant our vacation would be two days! Called customer service and after 20 minutes on hold got an agent who could not find another option. Called an hour later and Linda, an American angel, found two seats out of Richmond on 3/21 so we were able to make the trip and join family for a celebration. I wish AA would have more reliable service out of Charlottesville.