“Early Arrival but 30 Minute Wait for a Gate”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 6 April 2018

The in-flight experience went about as expected by today's standards for economy airline travel. The pre-flight experience was disappointing it that we did not appear on the upgrade list at the airport even though we had made the request months before the flight, which was validated both on line and in the mobile app.

The flight crew was attentive and efficient, though it still seems crazy that all you get for food on a 6 & ½ hour flight are 2 wafers:-) The in-flight entertainment system worked well and had a very nice offering of movies. The flight ended poorly in that, while we arrived early, we were forced to wait for over 30 minutes for a gate with no communication updates from the cockpit. Overall an average flight experience.

1  Thank Stone13
Write a ReviewReviews (40,079)

Reviewed 6 April 2018

Departed and arrived on time. Seat back tv quite good though music choices poor by comparison with, say, Emirates.
Food as always, Chicken or Pasta! Service as always from average to poor! Most of the daylight flight spent in the dark which does not help with jet lag. Why not ask passengers to pull the blinds down on the sunny side only?

Reviewed 6 April 2018

My fiance and I booked our flights Last June, so we were pretty upset to say the least when we didn't have a seat to sit in once the plane was boarding. I not only called AA a month prior to our trip, asking to assign seats, she assured me there would be no problem doing it when we got to airport... Right then and there she should have been honest, but she wasn't. They were able to find 3 people to switch their flights, and we were able to get on board. Thankfully! Once we got on the plane we weren't sitting together but at that point I was just happy to get home. My fiance sat in Emergency exit row, and had no where to put his carry on bag, long story short, they were hassling him to get his bag put away, but the flight attendant was literally standing directly in front of him so he couldn't move, even if he wanted to. they are both big guys, literally no space, he proceeded to tell the Attendant that he couldn't move b/c he was in the way, and it ended up heating up b/c the Attendant didn't like that he was being challenged, or whatever the issue, they ended up pulling my fiance off the plane, then the "lead flight attendant TERRY" was a mega awful ***** and actually started yellling at him and made him again, Move his seat! Needless to say, they were very snobby, and were sooo rude, especially seeing as we almost didn't make the flight b/c they were oversold. We will never fly AA again. So unorganized, took 3.5 hrs for them to figure out how to get us seats, on a flight we bought 9 moths ago..

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Plane was in JAX overnight and still boarded late. Of course several crew who were deadheading boarded before the paying customers and took up overhead bin space. Was on the upgrade list and didn't get upgraded but when I boarded 2 of the deadheading crew were sitting in first class. Leg room was terrible. The flight crew was very nice. Arrived on time which was the main concern.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

The flight itself was ok but they charged me $25 for my carry on. The agent said it will be $110 if I bring my carry on to the gate. What a bunch of bologna! Everyone else had their carry one which were the same size as mine and they were free. I’m not sure if I’m more angry at Travelocity or American Airlines. I brought the exact same luggage going to NY at no charge and now all of a sudden a charge.