“surprisingly ineffective”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 19 January 2018

Arriving at the airport was weird because you were supposed to prepare and check in online. But then we had to do the same thing at the self service facilities. Yet they had a bunch of staff there hurrying people on. So basically they could have had staff att ordinary check in desks lol.

The space in the plane was pretty small considering the long distance. Otherwise nice to be able to watch film during the flight.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (48,013)

San Francisco to Charlotte
We paid for one check-in luggage and additional $70 to upgrade a seat, because otherwise we would have been separated, upon loading the plane there were PLENTY, I mean PLENTY, of empty seats. We got cheated $70. Flight was fine, as expected I guess.

Charlotte to Orlando
Flight was as expected. No monitors to watch movies or USB ports to charge mobile devices. seats not as comfy.

Orlando to Charlotte
Paid for one check-in luggage. Flight was delayed one hour. We got lucky and jumped onto an earlier flight that was delayed 3 hours; literally the last two seats, got really lucky. no monitors to watch movies and no USB ports.

what I didn't like at the ORL - AA terminals is that the staff were not friendly, when we found out our flight was delayed we tried to talk to the staff from different terminals about jumping onto a different flight, but they were very dismissive and only wanted to help people that were boarding the specific flights they were covering.

Charlotte to San Francisco
small plane, no monitors to watch movies or USB ports, but I had my iPhone and a backup battery to charge. Purchased a sandwich, but they "didn't have anymore" so I ended up getting a cheese and cracker box, nothing great (I don't recommend eating the plane food, you should definitely pick up some snacks prior to boarding). Obviously made it before my luggage, but I was able to track the movement of my luggage through the American Airline app and saw that it should arrive SFO another 2 hours after my arrival. So we went out, ate dinner, and came back to pick up the luggage, no problems.

Traveling was as expected, tight spaces and noisy kids.

Reviewed 19 January 2018

Flying American has always been a good experience. They are reliable, dependable and always on time most of the time which is very important to me.

Reviewed 19 January 2018

American Airlines simply lacks in comparison to other airlines. IF your not in First Class, your second class to them. Having flown both there is a difference, though the same stuffed shirts serving you. Had the same attendant I've had before on one flight and he is absolutely stuck up. Prefer other airlines and fly a lot! The joy and atmosphere of an Allegiant or a Southwest others could learn from.

Reviewed 19 January 2018

I just can not complain ... From on line purchase to boarding to on board experience just great. I can not say more about American that I just love it.
Boarding was well coordinated and although a full flight, it was just done smooth and organized.
Supervisor at gate was not the best but the boarding agent did such Wonderfull job and had such a smile, that she "saved" the review.
Flight Attendants were great and always with a smile. Cockpit crew made the flight smooth and informative advising of any small issue with turbulence, arriving times. Overall, a great crew!!!
Meal services, dinner and breakfast, pretty good.