“Hawaii”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 26 September 2017

I really love American Airlines, they are so nice and helpful. This was my grandsons first flight and he totally loved it. They were wonderful to us.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (28,732)

Reviewed 26 September 2017

My flight was delayed almost three hours because none of the toilets on the aircraft worked! As a result, I had to cancel several meetings in my destination city. According to local employees, the aircraft had already been grounded for over 12 hours, so I'm not sure why it took until boarding time to realize that none of the aircraft's toilets worked. We ended up having to switch aircrafts completely.

I thought that its was customary for airlines to provide compensation / credit when flights are over two hours delayed, particularly when the airline is at fault for a technical issue. I filed a formal complaint with AA customer service, only to receive a "sorry, but we respectfully decline your request" email. After I responded that this was unacceptable, I received a call saying the same thing. Total waste of time.

Did I mention that I have had Emerald status for nine consecutive years and counting? This experience makes me seriously reconsider my domestic US flight options. It seems strange that an airlines would punish its highest revenue generators.

2  Thank Asdfghijklmnop
Reviewed 26 September 2017

Flight to Mexico with United Airlines, around 4,30 hours and price 230 dollars.
Being a travel writer I write things to some details, see more on my Facebook site Visitorsguidetravel about my travel to south and central America.

Plus
a) Rather good procedure when buying the ticket
b) Very good, courteous and efficient check in at the airport
c) A great and spacious business lounge and courtesy of the company and the manager, did get an in
d) Complementary organic theme in the business lounge
e) Free drinks on board.
f) Very nice stewardesses one elderly very nice grandma like lady, been in the branch forever as she said. Accomplished with a young and nice one.
Minus
a) Old fashioned plane
b) No recycling nb. though same as all other airlines

Overall: Maybe old fashioned but marketing focused, as for example the lounge manager when asked, invited me for a tour in the business lounge and to take some photos and have some of their very, very good food!. Seated next to a nice Welsh man on the plane who was a very informative architect/engineer, the seating partners have a lot to do / say about the experience of the flight.
Grade: 8.6 out of 10.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 26 September 2017 via mobile

Unable to believe they are still using the outdated airplanes to carry their passengers.

Without any respect to the priority luggages, we had to wait for a long time to collect our own.

Only little food was provided in the Admirals Club.

Reviewed 26 September 2017 via mobile

Having flown from Tampa to Chicago to catch this connecting flight we were impressed with this flight and service. A nice plane with up to date screens for the children, excellent service by the cabin crew and a comfortable journey.

Fast forward to Chicago - to say this was a transatlantic flight to the UK the whole plane was a huge disappointment to us!

We have travelled many times too and from the States with another airline beginning with V and never have we experienced what we did on this flight!

The children 9 and 11 were perplexed as to why they had no screen in front of them! A larger screen hung from the cabin roof a few rows down. The plane was very old, clearly not as modern as we had been used too. Having this in the fleet seemed strange given it was traveling to the U.K.? The food was average really, but passable for flight food. The cabin crew were friendly.

Such a difference from the other AA flight we had taken in the States.

Will I fly AA again? Probably not through choice no but perhaps not all transatlantic flights are like this.