“Started off with a 2 1/2 hour delay”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 21 September 2017

Apparently my plane was struck by lightening during the night. My flight was the first one leaving in the morning. It was 90 minutes before they really told us anything. Then, the plane had to be checked by a mechanic that was not on the premises so we wait for him. In the meantime they really tell us nothing. We did eventually leave on the plane and subsequently miss the connecting flights. The staff at the airport did help with booking new connecting flights. For me I missed one of the events I was flying for. So not real happy. And no compensation either.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (28,816)

Reviewed 21 September 2017

If you're flying from Philadelphia to Shannon, Ireland on business class don't expect much. At least on our flight the equipment was what appeared to be an older Boeing 757 that was not in particularly good condition. While the seats were moderately comfortable and did have excellent leg room, everything else seemed worn. Despite being business class, there is no entertainment system so they hand out iPads, Bose headphones and an electrical adapter that you plug in to an outlet. Of course you then have to hold the iPad or place it on your tray table, but there's no way to put it that allow you to watch comfortably from a reclined position. It was such a hassle that the four of us traveling together never used it. Food and beverage service was OK for business class, but the flight attendant never smiled and didn't seem to want to be there. The rest room appeared old, worn and cramped (of course). All in all, it's not what you'd expect from business class.

Reviewed 21 September 2017

I flew to Orlando from san Francisco via Charlotte...coincidentally it was the same set of crew even though I had to change aircraft and flight numbers, and they were really nice and helpful, despite what people say about the airline

even the ground staff were awesome..

Reviewed 21 September 2017 via mobile

AA is one of the worst airlines to fly. Extremely uncomfortable, unaccommodating, and the staff just does not value their jobs.
I flew from Orlando to LA for a business trip. It's roughly a five hour trip where all they do is offer you water and unhealthy cookies. Nothing fresh or worth keeping you energized for that amount of time .
I had to get back immediately because of an emergency (hurricane in Puerto Rico) and they were not sympathetic nor did they try to help me with my flight to get back home early. Thank God Delta came through to save the day. I will never fly with this airline again .
Waste of money and I'm very disappointed .

2  Thank veganendorphins
Reviewed 21 September 2017

Boarding passes were a pain as the kiosks did not recognize our specific rates allowing two bags. We ended up having to go to the counter only to be rudely told that we were late and might not make it, though our group had been in front of her attempting to use the kiosks for over half an hour!

The 1st leg to Miami was great. Though we were in a smaller three seat wide Bombardier, I perceived that the pilot really enjoyed the plane. The take off was very quick with good g forces, and we climbed quickly.

The flight to and from Guatemala were uneventful. No meals, or anything more than a small snack.

The return to Tallahassee in another Bombardier was just another flight.

The returning layover in Miami was long, and the gate was crowded.