“For a 9 hour flight it could have been worse”
Review of Alitalia

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Our travel agent booked us on this airlines for our flight home from Rome. Before our flight I was unable to do any upgrades or change any info online, always said to call. The staff at check-in in Rome were very friendly. Boarding was efficient. Upon entering our A330 you could tell the plane had some age on it. I am tall so I never expect much leg room in economy so I don't complain about it. The seats recline extremely far so the person in front of you seem like they are in your lap at times. The food was fair, I've had better on other airlines but this was edible. The flight attendant passed out free earbuds for the entertainment system. There wasn't a whole lot of choice on the entertainment menu but what was there was good. Our flight took off and landed on time so that makes a flight good right there. If I had to fly this airline again I wouldn't complain about it.

2  Thank SaltyDog67
Write a ReviewReviews (14,516)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This is the most horrible airline so far. I flew Delta, AA, Air France, Aeroflot and a few others, but Alitalia is definitely the one I will try to avoid. On my flight from Boston to Rome the service was terrible, stuards were rude, unfriendly, you can't even ask for a glass of wine they are looking at you like you asked for a free business class ticket.... The food on board was bad too despite the airline is Italian. On my way back from Rome they charged me 50 euros for the 1st checked bag and lost it (bag's tracking # shows it was never loaded to the plain in Rome)!!! Simply disgusting company, try to avoid it!!!

Date of travel: November 2018
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I would never fly with this airline again. They were very rude and the seats were uncomfortable . the plane was was old and dated. There was a 8 year running around and the sewards never said anything to the parents, so we all had to suffer. The food was horrible.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Flying economy ofcourse has it’s challenges with cramp seating and tight aisles.
This is my first experience with Alitalia Airlines and it was not a pleasant one. With a 12 hour flight from Rome to Los Angeles, the plane is old, dated and quite uncomfortable. The small TV screen on the back of each seat was tiny, old and not user friendly. The movie/tv selection was non-existent.
Service and food was mediocre.
I wouldn’t use this airline again unless a newer plane is available.

Date of travel: November 2018
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This was a good, basic flight that was quite cheap - probably because take off was at 6:20 AM. It was a one-way flight. The cost for two persons, including checking in one bag, was just $181. We were allowed to check-in our two carry-on bags as well - for no additional cost. Check-in went smoothly and the flight attendants were pleasant. The seats were standard, economy seats - comfortable but a bit cramped.