“Good food and pleasant cabin crew”
Review of Alitalia

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Service was the main thing on their minds as the crew welcomed us on board for the 10 hour flight. Efficient in-flight service was excellent with wine offered with dinner. Disembarking was swift and well organized.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (14,323)

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

My flight from LA to Rome was awful, coming back it was not that bad, more organized boarding the plane, better entertainment system, they have better aircrafts flying to JFK than to LA also the crew was friendlier but still they lack of professionalism, the lunch was ok but the snack before landing was so bad an looked like plastic mini eggplant calzone, the literally threw on my table....couldn’t eat it. I’ll rhink about it next time I find a deal with them.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

The flight was on time wich was very important since we had to catch a connection in Rome
It was a preferred seat on the exit so we paid for it and it is worth it since it is a very tight place to sit in economy class

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Cramped seats, filthy bathrooms, awful food, rude staff. Without a doubt the worst flight I have ever been on. I will never fly this airline again. I would row a boat to Italy before I would fly Alitalia ever again

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
1  Thank KarinEJ
Reviewed 16 October 2018 via mobile

Had booked and paid for RT Boston to Rome for two in Alitalia Premium Economy class. ($4k+)
Upon arrival at BOS Logan airport was informed by ticketing agent that due to maintenance issues (?), another configured aircraft had been substituted but with no Premium Economy seating. We were given no alternative either for Business Class nor another airline.
I am over 6’ tall and always book Prem Econ for that reason.
The on board service was in a word, terrible. Food service was rushed out as soon as the seat belt sign was extinguished and picked up before some passengers had completed their meal. The aircraft was darkened for overnight travel and the staff retreated to the rear of the cabin where they ensconced themselves in a curtained off set of seats until morning came some 6 hours later. During the overnight, not one attendant walked through to check nor ask if anything was needed. Breakfast was perfunctory with no offerings of second coffee, etc.
Our return flight weeks later was just as bad even though we were seated in Premium Economy as booked. Unlike other airlines in Prem Econ, there were no spirits, cocktails offered, only beer and wine and the meal service was indistinguishable from Economy class in it’s fast presentation and lack of professionalism by the staff. Similar to the earlier flight, once the meal service was concluded, the staff were no where to be found unless you approached the rear of the cabin where they congregated for the remainder of the flight. No one came through (and this now Premium Economy) to ask if any beverage was desired , etc.
My advice, DO NOT take Alitalia when other airlines are available for your itinerary.
PS: It took me over two months of phone calls, e-mails, and the welcome assistance of a local media station and their help line for me to receive a partial fare refund from Alitalia for our involuntary cabin downgrade on our earlier flight.