“Seats were so small that it was uncomfortable.”
Review of Alitalia

Reviewed 6 April 2018

was surprised that the seats were allowed to be this small on an airplane. The poor woman beside me, who could not have been 5 feet tall, had her knees jammed in the seat in front of her. My husband and I were both very uncomfortable and when the man in front of me reclined his seat my knees were really jammed.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (12,663)

Reviewed 5 April 2018

Last month I left a recension on tripadvisor about the bad wheelchair service suffered at Fiumicino airport of Rome on our way to Sao Paulo Brazil. Having made a complaint to Alitalia and received theirs excuses I thought that on our return, a month later, something would have improved or changed. No way! In Sao Paulo, after checking-in, the wheelchair service has been excellent again. We were promptly taken to security and passport control, thereafter to the lounge room were we could relax and enjoy some food for more that one hour.
The two same attendants came back fifteen minutes before boarding to take us to the gate and into the airplane as first passengers to be embarked … perfect assistance!
Arrived at Fiumicino airport in Rome on time we were taken by bus to the security and passport control area (runway level) and to the usual "waiting delivery room" for wheelchair assisted people. After about 30 minutes of useless waiting I went to the desk asking why they were not taking us to the lounge room as usual considering that there was still quite a bit of time left (more than one hour and half) to enjoy some relaxation and food over there.
The answer was that I did not tell them before, therefore, they were unable to solve the problem now. Incredible answer! I asked again: "Why you do not take us to the lounge by wheelchairs as you were doing once upon a time and as it is usually done in other airports"? No answer!!!
We were left over there for almost two hours and we were again the last ones to be boarded (by bus) into the next airplane full of the other passengers, ten minutes before take off.
Sadly I have to repeat what I wrote in my previous tripadvisor recension: "If you need wheelchair assistance do not travel via Fiumicino airport of Rome"!

Reviewed 5 April 2018

Direct flight from Rome to Boston was exactly as expected. The check-in lines in Rome were the longest I have experienced both with airline and with customs. Flight was on time for take-off and early for landing. Seats were as expected for economy...pretty tight. Food ranks only ok but I am not ranking this as a restaurant.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

Ours was a 3 segment itinerary for 4 people with planned 3 hr connection at JFK. Mechanical problems led to more than 5 ADDITIONAL hours at JFK with a only a bottle of water and a couple of bags of chips offered for our inconvenience. The good news is that Alitalia re-booked our missed connecting flight to Palermo and agent met us at gate in Rome with new boarding passes and directions to gate. At least we arrived at destinatiin on same day as originally planned.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

Convenient for me for the timetable, recently modified. Expensive, for the service that they offer and that is included in the ticket fair, if compared with the low cost companies.
There is now an option for a ticket which includes only cabin baggage, and a surcharge for the checked baggages. This allows some saving.