“Absolute Disgraceful Airline”
Review of Alitalia

Reviewed 16 January 2018

Of all the airlines I have traveled on throughout the world, I have never, ever experienced a level of shameful, pitiful and disgraceful service as that we experienced with Alitalia Airlines.

Their staff are not only arrogant, unhelpful and incompetent, they look down upon you, not as valuable clients, but a mere inconvenience to their lazy and "who cares" attitude.

For a nation that produces the greatest cars, food, clothes, furniture and culture, this airline is a stain, that almost destroys my love of the mother country.

No wonder they have gone into liquidation more than once. Do yourself a favor, check out the visitors posts on their facebook page, they are simply a disgrace

2  Thank Radaconsultants
Write a ReviewReviews (14,308)

Reviewed 16 January 2018

Flight cancelled, got the money (compensation) 6 months after, just because I wrote them tons of times. Horrible customer service. Overall inflight service is pretty good.

1  Thank Jessica L
Reviewed 15 January 2018

15 Jan 2018 boarding Bsness (hahaha) at AbuDhabi 02.25 am... needing assistance we were boarded the last , no finger, on a bus full of people, crashing over my poor mother in her wheelchair. Once on board, we went right to sleep, asking only to be woken for breakfast... which came as a poor fruit selection and 1 piece of bread... no napkin, no cuttlery, no nothing. Second leg of trip Rome-Madrid we were harassed by a working guy and an awful woman supervisor who insisted my mother 93 years old must walk on her own to the lift to made transfer to another terminal. I stood my ground and they tried to forbid me to accompany her. When i asked for the police to come they agreed to use the wheel chair and to me to go with her in a van where we found a couple who apparently didnt need any assistance.
Once in the plane at 08.00 in the morning, at a temperature outside of 0 degrees Celsius, they were not blankets.
Wish this airline goes bankrupt definately so they,ll stop fooling passengers.
Bathroom at Bsness class was dirty and had no amenities.

1  Thank Trufa
Reviewed 15 January 2018

I didn't expect Alitalia's A330 (new) business class seats to be better than its partner's B777 seats but that was just the case. Each seat offers direct aisle access and comes with a nice Bulgari amenities kit. The true highlight of this flight, however, was the superb dining experience. The food was simply magnificent (even at the lounge) and easy to pair with wines. Until now, Alitalia is my standard for business class dining.

Reviewed 14 January 2018

If I could give Alitalia negative stars I would! A million negative stars to be exact!
My family and I were on Alitalia flight 610 from Rome to JFK New York on January 4, 2018. Unfortunately, due to a snow storm, JFK closed and our plane was diverted to Montreal. While this would be understandable under the circumstances, what happened over the next 3 days was definitely not...
After arriving in Montreal, we were told to go to baggage claim and get our luggage. An hour later, we were informed that we would not be receiving our luggage. Instead, we were shuttled without any luggage to a cheap hotel- a hotel that had no toiletries in the room- no soap, no toothpaste, no shampoo. After arriving at the hotel after 12 midnight, we were then told to be in the hotel lobby by 6 am for a shuttle back to the airport because our plane was going to take off at 9:30am. (Oh, did I mention we hadn't eaten anything since our plane had taken off at 3:45 that afternoon and the hotel was in the middle of nowhere without any access to a restaurant or convenience store). Well, at 6 am everyone showed up in the lobby only to be told that our 9:30 plane would not be taking off but that we were going to be shuttled to the airport anyway because we "might" be leaving at 2:30. Needless to say, everyone spent the entire day at the airport going from line to line, being misinformed, before an airport employee came out (after 14 hours) to say that there would be no flight out of Montreal for us that day. (Screaming ensued, fights broke out, and security had to be called). An Alitalia "representative" finally arrived and mumbled something about "working on it". When she was informed that no one in the middle or back of the line could here her, she replied that she would come to the back and repeat her mumblings, but she never did. Instead she slinked to a private room and never emerged again.
Alitalia put us up at another cheap hotel that night (thankfully with our luggage this time- which was another 2 hour ordeal) and told us to be in the lobby at 2 am because our flight would be leaving at 4:30 am. In the early morning hours, however, we were informed that we were basically being abandoned- Alitalia wasn't going to fly us home- that our plane, which had been sitting on the runway for 2 days was leaving us in Montreal and going back to Italy. We were then told that we had to find our own way back to New York. Once again screaming, cursing, and fighting occurred. After a mad scramble, I managed to secure 4 seats on an Air Canada flight that was leaving the night of January 6. Unfortunately, Air Canada doesn't fly into JFK, so we had to fly into LaGuadia airport and then take a cab to JFK in order to retrieve our car from long term parking.
Well after 3 days of hell and over $1000 of expenditures that Alitalia never reimbursed (and this was just Air Canada airfare for 4 people- not the airport food that we had no choice but to purchase on our own for the 3 days of hell we were put through), I can assure you that Alitalia is the worst airline I have ever flown with and will never fly on again.
They abandoned over 150 people and offered no help in finding us a way home. Other planes from other airlines were also diverted to Montreal that day, and not one other plane- Delta, United, American- treated their customers the way that Alitalia treated us. All of these other airlines managed to fly their diverted passengers out of Montreal and into New York the next day, but Alitalia couldn't seem to be bothered to help anyone and their one "representative" just had a carefree, unconcerned attitude about the whole situation.
Do not fly Alitalia! They are truly the WORST!!!!!

3  Thank Theresa V