“ALITALIA's OVERBOOKING POLICY”
Review of Alitalia

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Overbooking from Rome to Reggio Calabria...
Seems like the overbooking is a common and unacceptable policy of Alitalia. Only in the hotel I stayed near the airport, Holliday Inn, they have 80 overbooking passengers per day (in an average), and there are others hotels with much more overbooking passengers (as the Hilton near Fiumicino). And we are talking only about Rome. This is completely disrespectful to the customers… In my case, I had expensive Hotels booked in Calabria and Sicily, car rented, plans to stay and visit places in a tied schedule prepared 6 months before, and all this part of the trip had to be completely reviewed, with all the stress, frustration and costs, which were by far much higher than the proposed compensation check from Alitalia.
Besides, the Company doesn’t follow the rules as described in the Counter (warning attached). I requested this "TEXT STATING YOUR RIGHTS" statements in many Alitalias’ counters, to many different employees, and any of them presented as the Warning state. Some even didn’t now what I was talking about...

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
There are newer reviews for Alitalia

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Never felt so much stress. We were at the airport three hours before take off, and we were told that only I could board the plane and my boyfriend could not. They overbooked the flight. No apology whatsoever and only the message "your boyfriend MIGHT be able to join the next flight in five hours but that one is also full so no guarantees. You will get a compensation". MIGHT?! If not, then what? He has to stay and wait for the flight in the morning? 16-17 hour wait at the airport? And then still no guarantee he will get on that one? "Yes, correct," the CS agent said.

We had to wait till people started boarding before we would get more information. Luckily there was an empty seat but my god. Alitalia, stop overbooking flights!

1  Thank SanneTravel
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Best airline and service!.. Mom and I went business which is their first class. Service was fabulous as well as the food and seats comfortable. Plenty of room!.. Nice pillows snd comforters given as well as a toiletry bag . Full menu and wine list available. How different you are treated from our domestic airlines! Even their lounges are nice. Full service. Would definitely fly again. Thank you Alitalia!!!!

2  Thank sas288
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I had 4 flights with Alitalia during the past month and 2 flight were GREAT! really awesome with good airplanes, great selection of movies, music and TV. really I enjoyed the long flight so much. However I had 2 flights with not so decent airplanes and one of them was an 11 hours flight! so it really depends on what type of plain you get.
The staff however was always very nice, glad to help, smiling and pleasant.
I would definitely choose to fly with them again!

2  Thank Offy_b
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Alitalia was similar in service to domestic US flights -- modern aircraft with small seats, etc. I write mainly because check-in at Catania was a disaster. We arrived about 2 hours early and barely made the flight. It was very stressful. We had to be super aggressive and enlist the help of several staff (who were helpful) because the lines were out the door and barely moving. It appears their computer systems are ancient and slow check-in dramatically. Rome seemed fine by comparison on another flight we took on this trip.

1  Thank 907Aaron