“First time flying with Alaska Airlines and it was very pleasant”
Review of Alaska Airlines

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We had four in our group and two were seated about 10 rows farther up than the other two. We were able to get our seats rearranged on two of our four legs (to be fair, I didn't even try on two of them because there just wasn't time to even ask about it!) so that we were sitting closer together, which was nice.
Every employee was super friendly and helpful and our pilot apologized profusely when our flight out of Seattle was delayed (we sat on the run way for about two hours waiting...) due to the unusual heavy snowfall.
My one complaint would be that only one of the four planes we flew on had movie screens for the seats and that at no time did flight attendants say they had earbuds available (complimentary or for purchase). The one flight that had the screens was nice - my son was able to watch an entire movie while we sat on the runway - but his second attempt to watch anything was prevented by sound issues. Not a huge deal, but it was a little frustrating as we were sitting on that plane a VERY long time.
I would absolutely recommend Alaska Airlines to anyone traveling in their area!

• Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
Write a ReviewReviews (12,236)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

As usual we flew Alaska airline to Puerto vallarta and back, no problems with either way. Short lines courteous help and personalized help through tap. Highly recommend them

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Our daughter and her family were planning on flying from Massachusetts to California using their miles. They had 180 miles and needed a lot more to buy the tickets. We found out that we can give our earned miles to them which sounded great. Unfortunately our miles really weren’t ours to give. We had to pay to transfer our miles from our account to their account. Alaska charges $25 for each transfer plus $10 for each 1,000 miles. Also they don’t let us transfer more than 30,000 miles at a time. It ended up costing over $1,000.00 JUST TO TRANSFER OUR MILES TO OUR DAUGHTER’S ACCOUNT.

That was outrageous. A fare charge would have been a small transaction fee and nothing more.

I used to like Alaska Airlines but they have dropped way down on my list.

Date of travel: December 2018
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I flew round trip economy from Boston to San Diego and back on Alaska Airlines and was pleasantly surprised. I flew on a February Friday and the plan was only half full. Seats did not seem to be as packed together as is usual these days. Only non-alcoholic drinks were free and a small packet of biscuits. An interesting feature was the use of your computer devices or their tablets to view many movies and TV shows which most of the passengers used (I didn't but will plan on doing so in future). We left slightly late but arrived early. Cabin staff were friendly and efficient. I checked one bag for $30. They seem to travel to many destinations so I will definitely check them out for future flights.

• Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • Value for money
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Seattle rare snow event screwed up things at Sea Tac. Our 820 am flight did not get under way until 1130. Or first place had mechanical issues and we waited. (Substantial visible show on wings).
Then we were assigned another place a good distance away. Got there ok. Then to deice the plane it had to be pushed back a little from gate.
It was but tractor broke down delaying deiceing.
Pilot tried to keep us informed but spoke so lowly could not understand.
Seats good food good easy power plugs & USB ...no free wifi.