“Excellent ”
Review of Alaska Airlines

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

It’s always a pleasure to fly Alaska, from the first call to book the flight, the crew at check in to the in flight staff. Seats are more comfortable than other major airlines and outlets by each seat are easy to find and use. I’d recommend Alaska any time!

• Legroom
Write a ReviewReviews (11,839)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Everyone is aware that TSA lines are long during the government shutdown. But Alaska Airlines still closes their boarding doors 10 - 15 minutes early. I got through the long security line and made it to the gate on time for my flight. The ticket agent proudly told me that she already closed the gate so that the “flight could be early.” I spoke with another traveler who said they closed the door right in front of her and refused to let her board.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Although only a "short hop", the flight was quite enjoyable. Would certainly recommend: from the ease of check-in, the customer care and the comfort of the flight.

Date of travel: November 2018
    • Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I have been a mileage plan member since 2011, and also have a BofA card that gives me Alaska points. At this point I'm just desperately looking for a way to spend the points I have efficiently and then get out and never look back. Searches for flights redeeming miles only bring you horrible itineraries, redeeming for first class on most flights only gets you in first class for one of the two or three legs available. Searches for flights using the infamous companion airfare give me options west coast to east coast that only include overnight travel, yet miraculously when I drop the companion fare and search with cash there all kinds of same day flights available. Living in Atlanta has been a challenge using Alaska anyway, I kept giving them the benefit with the Virgin acquisition, that things would get better, but if this is the way they give you a "deal" with miles or companion fare they can keep it. I'll go back to Delta and pay a little more for a lot better service and treatment. I'm very disappointed in how much this has all changed even in the last 18 months, last trip I took I used the companion fare and all worked well. Guess they are still paying Sir Richard for Virgin Air and it needs to come out of member's pockets. Disgusted.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The flight attendants on all flights to and from Maui were very professional and accommodating. The flight itself had some turbulence, but the pilots kept us all informed and did a great job of getting us out of it. We had a cancelled flight on the way over on our 2nd leg, but the staff in San Francisco (Tim, Mimi and Eric) were exceptional in getting us on another flight and making other extra provisions for us as they knew we had slept the night in the airport at SF. They had great personalities and we couldn't have asked for more help and consideration from them. We did experience some lost baggage issues. One of us had a lost bag on the way over and had to purchase some clothing. The bag arrived a day later and she was fully reimbursed. On the return flight, this same guest had both bags lost. We flew in on Saturday night and have not gotten the two missing bags yet (Tuesday night). We had issues with trying to get the correct person to respond to us and we were not kept informed every 24 hours as per the website. The two bags are supposed to come in between 10 p.m and 10 am tonight/tomorrow. We are expecting the same hassle free reimbursement as all clothing, makeup, souvenirs, gifts, hair dryer, straightener, etc. were all lost for days! I would definitely fly Alaska again as the staff was so personable and the plane was clean and nice as well.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)