“Comfortable seating”
Review of Alaska Airlines

Reviewed 15 November 2018

I'm not sure what the exact difference is? But overall the seating is definitely more comfortable then United. We recently started flying Alaska because they allow small dogs in cabin on flights into Hawaii. They are the only airline left who will do this. So comfort is just a plus for us. But they are definitely more comfortable!

Date of travel: November 2018
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (11,621)

Reviewed 14 November 2018

I spent the entire year trying to achieve gold status with Alaska and at the end of the year they cancelled the regular flight from NYC to Dallas. When I called and said I'm just a few miles away from Gold status and can't achieve it now because you cancelled my regular flight pattern they said theres nothing they can do. Poor customer service and I'm done flying with them. Waste of a year of flying and paying extra for their flights. It's a shame they bought Virgin America.

1  Thank Ross S
Reviewed 14 November 2018

I love Alaska airlines, but they are starting to get cheap. The way over from SAN was pretty good but I had to rent my video machine (none in the back of the seat) and I was in premium seats. Then on the way back, there were NO video machines because the Hawaii crew didn't put them on the plane. That's typical actually. You never get the good stuff coming out of Hawaii. I don't know, I was disappointed. Awesome crew though.
What I wanted to eat was "out." Many people around me were disappointed. The WORST part of the whole trip was that I did not get my boarding pass stamped "TSA" which I always get. I had to practically unrobe to get through security.

Reviewed 14 November 2018

I recently flew the red eye flight from Maui to Portland. Although I hate red eye flights and avoid them whenever possible, this one was direct to PDX. The seats were actually much more comfortable than I expected and I slept most of the way. I try to fly Alaska whenever I can.

Date of travel: November 2018
1  Thank 931janiceb
Reviewed 14 November 2018

Alaska is a tired, poorly managed airline, that continues to skimp on service for bottom line profits. Awful.

First class on this airlines is like economy on world-class airlines. The airlines has truly become the Greyhound Bus of the skies. I hate to think what coach fares where having to live through on this "average" flight. Equipment is broken; cleanliness is a joke; the attendants are either your gossipy next door neighbor or the hateful old hag from across the street. The food is mediocre...at best...and assuming they even have enough for everyone. The entertainment options, nil.

What's worse is the price. I am returning to PVR in several months and looked online to get tickets from other airlines. Surprised to get first class on another airlines for 60% of the cost. Are you kidding!! Same day, roughly the same time, both non-stop, both ways and the other airline...my new preferred airline is 60% less.

Bottom line is you have too many better options to have to put up with Alaskan airlines. Even more, I have a couple of friends who are attendants on Alaskan flights and tell me the same thing. Fly with anyone else.

1  Thank navswo