“Friendly service, comfortable seats”
Review of Alaska Airlines

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I recently flew the red eye flight from Maui to Portland. Although I hate red eye flights and avoid them whenever possible, this one was direct to PDX. The seats were actually much more comfortable than I expected and I slept most of the way. I try to fly Alaska whenever I can.

1  Thank 931janiceb
Write a ReviewReviews (10,911)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Alaska is a tired, poorly managed airline, that continues to skimp on service for bottom line profits. Awful.

First class on this airlines is like economy on world-class airlines. The airlines has truly become the Greyhound Bus of the skies. I hate to think what coach fares where having to live through on this "average" flight. Equipment is broken; cleanliness is a joke; the attendants are either your gossipy next door neighbor or the hateful old hag from across the street. The food is mediocre...at best...and assuming they even have enough for everyone. The entertainment options, nil.

What's worse is the price. I am returning to PVR in several months and looked online to get tickets from other airlines. Surprised to get first class on another airlines for 60% of the cost. Are you kidding!! Same day, roughly the same time, both non-stop, both ways and the other airline...my new preferred airline is 60% less.

Bottom line is you have too many better options to have to put up with Alaskan airlines. Even more, I have a couple of friends who are attendants on Alaskan flights and tell me the same thing. Fly with anyone else.

• Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Poor/mediocre service for first class. The dinner we were served was quite average compared to the first class meal Alaska Air's competitors serve. it was over an hr (7 PM PST) into the flight before we were served anything.....even a drink (In the meantime we had to settle for a small bottle of water that was at our seat when we got on the plane.) (Other airlines would have offered us a drink as soon as we boarded.) Nuts came next...but had to wait while they were being heated....but when the finally arrived, the nuts were warm at best. The salad was the best part of the meal. Dessert was a paper cup of some kind of ice cream (one flavor only) that had been salted......who salts ice cream!!!

The rest of the service was non-existent unless we asked for something. There were 2 flight attendants in our section: one to do almost all the meal preparation and serving. The other person seemed to do a lot of standing around and chatting with the first flight attendant. What role did she play? A minor one, apparently. As a result, service for the first class section was marginal and would have been poor if not for the first flight attendant.

After dinner on an evening flight, passengers in First Class don't need much attention but they do deserve the courtesy of being asked if they need anything more? On this flight Alaska Air needs to re-instill first class cabin service.

• Food and Beverage
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Beware! My family of 6 has to leave a day early and pay for three hotel rooms due to Alaskan moving up the last leg of our flight by 10 minutes. Now we don't have enough time to change planes. They refuse to pay for the hotels. They say it's not their policy. They have only offered $150 vouchers for future flights. I'm sure other airlines would do the same thing. It's criminal. If I had changed the schedule I would be charged $250 per ticket I'm sure!

1  Thank Bob U
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I've always found Alaska to have excellent flight attendants who seem a little more invested than the larger airlines. They are personable and responsive and I've always enjoyed the flights. I make an annual trip to Walla Walla to buy wine, and Alaska's policy of the first case goes back with no fees is perfect for me.