“Impressive First Lag Of Our Asia Journey”
Review of Alaska Airlines

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We booked our flights to go to Kuala Lumpur (Asia) and Alaska Air was the first plane of our 19hrs journey before we were connected with Singapore Airlines in San Francisco. We had to catch our airport shuttle from Mesquite at 3.45am to Vegas and be in time to check in for the 6.50am flight. The lady who attended to us at the check in counter was fast efficient and flexible and in no time our baggage was on their way to be loaded. Surprisingly the seats were comfortable with good leg space. Flight attendants were friendly and attentive and we could not find any thing to complain. This was our first experience on this airline.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (10,506)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

A business school example of a poorly run organization, without long term goals-who declares by policies -" the loyal customers are our enemy" .
I will begin by an illustration of the gold standard in the airline industry, Lufthansa. On my birthday trip last year I travelled to Cape Town, South Africa on Lufthansa. Our connection in Germany was delayed 12 hours. We were informed promptly and escorted to a Taxi. We had vouchers for a 4 star hotel with meals provided. The next morning a Tesla Taxi was waiting to take us to the airport. On returning home to the USA, we had a surprise telephone call from the Lufthansa representative who reimbursed us $1500.00 for the delay.
Unfortunately, not all airlines aspire to be the gold standard, and Alaska Airlines has no such ambition. This September on my birthday I travelled to Cabo San Lucas on Alaska Airlines.I initially purchased a ticket to leave LAX at 1:35pm with a return in 4 days. I had to make mid-day appointment, hence I purchased a 1 way ticket from Alaska Airlines leaving at 7:00AM.I informed the rep. on phone I would not cancel the other ticket because I would use that return portion. I was alarmed on check in that Alaska Airlines cancelled my return ticket, and wanted to charge a penalty of $250.00and $539 additional to return. I booked a flight on Delta.
Alaska Airlines operating philosophy is simply -no recognition of the past, no consideration of the future, only the moment matters. The paying customer pulled from his seat on United Airlines was a statement to us all. Alaska Airlines is making the same statement,"the customer is our enemy ".Beware of Alaska Airlines-fortunately they will not be around much longer due to their shortsightedness in business.

1  Thank wsg1021
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

While the flight attendants were very attentive and the food pretty good too (I had the Cobb salad), the seats were extremely uncomfortable. I am very thin but felt squished in my seat and I had an aisle seat. Leg room was lousy too and the restrooms were so small you had to go in and out on an angle. Dont know how anyone overweight would get in or out of them. Even the tray tables were smaller. Also you either have to use your own device or rent one of theirs for ten bucks for entertainment
They did away with the seat screens. After having been spoiled by Virgin America, we were disappointed with the lower standards Alaska, who bought Virgin used in "refurbishing " Virgin's aircraft.

1  Thank GingerW17
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I flew on an plane that was formerly a Virgin Air plane. If was outstanding. Wide, comfortable seats. Seatback screens,

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We spent a little extra to fly first class so we has the extra leg room. It was well worth the money. The seats were very comfortable and the service was great. The only negative was that they had a limited number of the choices for the meal and we did not get what we would have liked to eat so chose not to have anything,