“Dream Liner”
Review of Air Tahiti Nui

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We had flown from Auckland to Tahiti a week earlier and got one of the older planes. It was clean and the crew great but screen was so small my iPhones was almost bigger. Entertainment limited. Food ok.
On the return flight a week later we got the new Dream Liner. What a difference a plane makes! Everything was so much better. If you are doing this trip check to see you get the new aircraft and not the old one.

Date of travel: November 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (1,166)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We are extremely disappointed with the service we received from this airline. We were scheduled on TN2 on Sunday Nov 4 PPT-LAX in business class after our cruise vacation. Upon arrival at our hotel they suggested we might check with your airline as there had been some problems with flights. Sure enough, I checked online and our flight had been rescheduled to leave later in the week. The airline never contacted us with this information. I called the customer service number and after a long wait spoke to an agent who was no help. She had no information as to why and couldn’t put us on another airline for a sooner flight. We had to be back in the US for business obligations. I booked another flight and paid full coach last minute fare on United PPT-SFO-SEA. We were told at the hotel we’d get a couple nights stay and meals paid for by the airline, however, when we checked out they said the airline would only pay if we were staying until the new flight. We couldn’t even get our hotel and meals covered as compensation. This airline used to have a monopoly on Tahiti but now with other choices with better service so I question whether we would fly with them again. They have no customer service phone center to help with problem even for business class passengers. You can only record issues on their website which we did requesting some compensation but have not received any contact from them.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Having travelled numerous airlines throughout the world I'm aware of good business class service.The LAX lounge was very "tired" and the seating was worn. The selection of drinks and food was limited. Boarding was trouble free and the staff was friendly.The seats were very firm and uncomfortable for an 8 hour flight and I didn't have full leg room to stretch out (I'm 5'10"). The menu made the food sound delicious, but that was not the case. The hors douvers were a joke. The shrimp was only 1 and it's size was minuscule. Both entrees were tasteless and over cooked and dessert was disappointing.I liked the idea of flying non-stop,but if I ever go to Tahiti again, I'll fly thru Hawaii

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

A technical issue meant a very late arrival into Auckland and instead of boarding passengers and returning that night, we were delayed until the next day. Managing that proved a bit difficult although things were worked through within a few hours, with overnight hotel stays including dinner and breakfast. The flight was rescheduled for the following day and although check-in was a zoo, the trip itself was pleasant enough. Give yourself plenty of time to get through the processes on the ground and the flight itself should be a breeze.

Date of travel: October 2018
    • Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

What a refreshing pleasure to have an airline that gives good service.
Greeted by the Captain, first, and good service and food.
Nothing was too much trouble.
After terrible service with United, maybe they could take some tips from this airline.