“Grateful to Shay”
Review of Air New Zealand

Reviewed 27 December 2023

I went over to Christchurch in May. I was taken to the airport by my friend and went to check in. I realised that I had my ticket in my maiden name and my passport was in my ex married name just before I left for the airport. However, it was not good enough at Hobart Airport - I would need to get it changed on the ticket through the bookings office. I had about 15 minutes to try and make this happen. Shay HANSON was the employee who was polite but very busy. I had hurt my knee and had it in a brace and other things had been happening which made me feel quite vulnerable and easily upset which is not normally me. She gave me the number to call and I was over there listening to 'your call is important to us' which increased my anxiety. The plane was boarding. Shay came over as most passengers were gone and rang them herself and sent my photos of my documents through for me, I got on the plane with only minutes to spare. I got her name and said I would write a review. The card was misplaced and I have only just found it but I wanted to say a very BIG THANK YOU to her because, without her help, I would have lost my money and had to stay home! My flights were wonderful as well. The plane was full both coming and going and yet on both flights, I had two seats so I could put my leg up, All around, great service.

Date of travel: May 2023

Reviewed 26 December 2023

I was having a really stressful experience trying to make sure my baggage was all within its allowance requirements as I was taking a few things overseas for family. I went to the checkout desk visibly flustered and stressed due to customs sending me back to the check in desk to check in some of the items in my carry on that I was previously advised I could carry. Anyway Lee was at the desk to help, she found a solution for me and she was so fast; kind, helpful and understanding. The flight attendants on Air NZ are always top tier too.

Reviewed 20 December 2023

If I have the choice I will never take this airline again and I advise you to do the same.
My flight from Queenstown to Auckland was cancelled (apparently it is really often cancelled because it is often delayed and Queenstownn airport has a curfew). I waited in line for more than an hour to get an accomodation for the night. They kept telling people to book online and claim the expense later. I was so tired, that's what I eventually did. They didn't want to tell us what was the price limit. When I asked one of the employees if the one at 297$ was okay (since that was the total with the breakfast added) they said yes.
They gave us vouchers to take a taxi, but the voucher was not activated so I had to pay for the taxi. I made the claim and now they refuse to refund me. They say that the limite was 250$ for the night and that other expenses included taxi is something they are not liable for!!!! I have never seen that before!! This is so not okay! Really don't ever take this company if you can. They might have been good before, but that was before. I had flights cancelled by air france and british airways. And never were they that bad!

Reviewed 19 December 2023

This is the second flight late today with NZ. Really takes it out of you. Flight crew no problem but the latest, when do you cry Jetstar.

Date of travel: November 2023
Reviewed 18 December 2023

I don't enjoy flying, but Air NZ was a very nice experience, comfortable seating, individual screens with games, movies, and music for entertainment, and lovely service from the flight attendants.

• Check-in and boarding
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.