“Air NZ has no way to compete with other airlines for international flight”
Review of Air New Zealand

Reviewed 27 August 2023

Was on the international flight with Air NZ for the first time. I sat like 9 hours for the whole flight and only served 1 meal (no option to choose due to full flight) and 1 snack. Full flight and no room to move. Terrible. Starving, although already have a meal in the departure's airport.

With these current condition, I dont think Air NZ is able to compete with other long haul airlines. The flight was cost a fortune also. Very terrible. The only good thing is in-flight wifi.

Reviewed 26 August 2023

Paid for Specific Premium Economy seat but at check in was allocated another seat. When I questioned this, was told it was due to Operational Requirements, but upon further questions a supervisor admitted it was to allow a couple to sit together & that she could move me when & where she liked. Discrimination against sole travellers.
Rude ground staff

Reviewed 24 August 2023

The last time I flew with Air New Zealand was back in 2015 and 2016. At that time, I was pleased with the customer service and the quality of the air travel. However, I booked a flight to Australia again in 2018 which I ended up having to cancel due to unforeseen circumstances, so ANZ offered me a flight credit to book within the following year. I rebooked my flight for April of 2020 and low and behold, I had to cancel my trip due to COVID. I was issued another flight credit and was told I had until the end of 2021 to use it. Then, the deadline kept getting extended. Most recently, I was told I had until the end of 2024 to complete my travel with that credit. But the online booking tool won't accept my reference number. After several attempts to call ANZ via telephone (and getting hung up on after more than an hour on hold), I resorted to contacting the support team through their Facebook Messenger option. I chatted with someone in January of 2023 and they were very helpful. They said they would submit a request to convert my current flight credit and booking reference number to a number that can be used on their website. She informed me it would take several weeks to process that request which I was fine with. However, it's now been several months and I reached out to them again via FB Messenger only to be told I needed to call their contact center to rebook my fight. Then, I was told that it might not even be valid anymore because I booked my original ticket in 2018. No one really seems to want to help me get to the bottom of this and I keep getting dismissed and told I need to contact them by phone, which has not worked in the past. I'm going to be absolutely livid if they don't honor my flight credit after being told on multiple occassions that my flight credit was still valid and that the deadline to use it had actually been extended.

Reviewed 24 August 2023

Disgusting unprofessional services from the staff at air Zealand, they fully aware that an overseas company is selling their flights and this overseas company is not advertised the currency is foreign. The staff here in New Zealand have been aware of this problem but choose to not report this issue, 3 staff members just told me that it's not their problem, refused to help me,and again refused to report this issue, standing their argumentative with me the paying customer trying to bring this to their attention. DISGUSTING BEHAVIOR FROM EVERY SINGLE EMPLOYEE AT AIR NEW ZEALAND, HONESTLY FLY ANOTHER COMPANY AND YOU WILL SEE THE PROFESSIONAL DIFFERENCE YOU RECEIVED.

1  Thank Paulecampin
Reviewed 24 August 2023

We booked 7 months prior to travel. 3 months prior to travel our flights had been changed 4 times with departure times by 10 hours later in the day. I now have hotel, tour arrangements, connecting flights and car rental plans that are now in chaos. If Air New Zealand can’t honour their contract they should refund immediately so the persons impacted can arrange alternative flights with other carriers.
Quite frankly I find Air New Zealand booking systems a farce and will never book ahead with them again.
I would advise to only book 1 or 2 days before travel with Air New Zealand to avoid costly delays.

Date of travel: July 2023
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.