“Surprising flight”
Review of Air New Zealand

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

My flight was deliberately 15 minutes late as there was a strong tailwind, and after an uneventful and comfortable flight, got to Sydney 45 minutes early. Food was good and plenty to drink. The staff were friendly and willing to chat.

• Check-in and boarding
Write a ReviewReviews (10,823)

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

A relaxing 6-hour overnight flight. The seat converts to a bed, which I found uncomfortable as I sleep in a partial curled position. The bed caters for those who sleep stretched out. In the end, I gave up. The meals were good and plenty to drink.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Very helpful check in staff. Hassle free boarding. Comfortable seat with sufficient leg room. Excellent inflight entertainment options. Tasty meal. Generally very good service all round.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We initially started in Economy but was upgraded to Premium Economy on the return flight. In economy the cost of a meal was an extra $40 for airline food which I refused to pay! On return in Premium Economy we were given so much food and wine ( no charge) we could not eat it all.
I selected my seating and was happy with the selection.The staff were friendly and could not do enough. I will certainly fly again. Included in both trip were blankets, pillows for extra comfort.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I travelled a few days ago for a private function in New Zealand.The only direct flight available to me was Air New Zealand.I booked the flight through Webjet and I believe I was not given an option or explanation about the extras like meal plans or in flight entertainment.The crew was excellent and all the credit should go to them.With my previous memories of Air New Zealand, I feel the Air New Zealand has become a budget airline now.There may be valid commercial reasons behind it.Overall good,safe airline with excellent crew with average service