“Air New Zealand - BEST AIRLINE BY FAR”
Review of Air New Zealand

Reviewed 6 April 2018

I flew economy class from Queenstown to Wellington with ANZ for the very first time. From when I arrived at the airport to when I boarded the plane to when I disembarked in Wellington, ANZ staff were very warm, welcoming and friendly.

Despite being delayed departing Queenstown due to bad weather, the flight as a whole went very well. The service from the on-board crew was excellent and would definitely fly with them again, both for short haul and long haul flights.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (8,289)

Reviewed 6 April 2018

Chose this flight because it flew direct from Perth to Auckland during the day. 7am start, arrive in Auckland late afternoon, spend the night in a hotel and get up next morning, grab a car and we are off. A perfect plan one would think. About three weeks out Air NZ changes the flight time to 9 pm the night before. No explanation given, no alternatives offered. Consequently we caught the red eye, landed at 7am exhausted and then had to hire a car and cross Auckland in peak hour. Air NZ doesn't care.

The premium economy cabin on the Dreamliner was superb. The seats were comfortable and the service began impeccably. We were very impressed, especially when we were given printed menus. Normally one takes a menu as information regarding the food that is on offer. However when I chose my main the service level dropped dramatically. I asked for the fish, the reply was ' No. Pick something else.' No apology, no explanation. The smiles went, the service ceased. I don't know whether the attendant was embarrassed or just sick of rude passengers asking for what was on the menu. There are 21 premium economy passengers. Can someone explain to me why airlines can't provide menu choices to 21 passengers who pay a large premium for that choice? So far I have flown 5 premium economy fights and on all 5 my first choice has been rejected. Why can't we pick food when we book?

Anyway, consequently Air NZ are now off my list and I will not be recommending them or using them again.

1  Thank Rod G
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

To our surprise this was our return flight and had a great treatment from the crew. Everything was really nice and warm.

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Had a very different sort of experience on this short flight on a very small plane. Had little bumpy ride but overall good. The crew had bit of attitude and we had to ask for things.

Reviewed 6 April 2018

As always air nz offers a second to none service on all its flights and destinations.
If I had the choice We would fly with them on all our flights world wide.
You can not beat the quality of service and reliability offered by our national air service.

• Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)