“777-300”
Review of Air New Zealand

Reviewed 24 February 2018

It's always reassuring to step onboard an AirNZ flight. We are immediately welcomed by friendly and relaxed hosts. My major trauma is on takeoff and although I have learned over many years to deal with this personally, it is always comforting to learn that my fear is noted and reassurance is quietly given. This may be a smile; checking I have the music I need at this time by ensuring speakers are working but mostly the calm confidence of the hosts. This quiet understanding always occurs with AirNZ. Thank you so much.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (10,198)

Reviewed 24 February 2018

We had paid to fly Air New Zealand between Auckland and Sydney and booked the flight almost 12 months previously. However once on board we realised that the plane and crew had nothing to do with ANZ but were a mob called Hi Fly. Once we were all on board there was announcement that it was a charter flight and ANZ were happy to be able to get us to our destination. ?????? I think we were supposed to be grateful that ANZ had taken our money and bumped us on to a second-rate, tired and worn aircraft. The entertainment system in my seat was broken, as it was in one of the other seats in our row. The food was cold and boxed and minimal. There were a couple of ANZ stewards in weird uniforms who appeared once or twice to what purpose I am not sure. Perhaps were were all supposed to think that made it an ANZ flight. On every ANZ flight one boards they bang on about ANZ being voted the best airline or something. Then they have that stupid infantile safety video. But that is beside the point. The fact is how much do they value the brand of ANZ if they can just bump you onto a second rate charter plane. I see on Trip Advisor this has happened quite a lot. Not good enough. We will only fly ANZ in the future when there is no other choice.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
1  Thank AustraliaWings
Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

Actually booked to fly Virgin but this was a code share.
Booked seat and bag, insider not value to add approx $40 to cost of ticket o have airline food and a wine.
Had complimentary coffee, water etc, quite sufficient, crew was good .flight uneventful high is also good

Reviewed 24 February 2018

We have found Air New Zealand flights depend greatly on the type of ‘plane and it’s age.
This flight seemed to be newer stock. Seating and leg room to be expected in economy and was pretty standard. Good variety of in flight entertainment and films. Food quite tasty as far as flight food goes, it was hot, had flavour and was plentiful. Wine on offer with dinner was nice and top ups were offered.
One of the rare airlines to still offer sweets for landing. ( not a deal breaker but there you go!)
What really disappointed us was the luggage allowance and the fact that we had booked a through ticket with them but with Cathay Pacific from U.K. to Hong Kong then on to NZ..
First flight we had 30kg of luggage which dropped to 23kg with Air New Zealand. We are coming for some while and so that reduction was very important for us and I would urge people doing the same sort of journey to make sure you know your luggage allowances. We might have been in for a hefty additional charge had we not realised.
We would have expected the luggage allowance to have been honoured right to destination if you buy a through ticket.

Other than that the flight was uneventful.

Please do also check any luggage you have for prohibited items coming into New Zealand. In the past crew announcement have reminded passengers. Nothing was said on this flight and immigration are very strict.

I was also very envious of the cot bed type seating around about me which I have never seen before. The foot rests come right up on the 3 seats to make a lovely flat bed like surface with special seatbelt attachments. I’m sure that you pay a bit to get this but it did look nice,

Reviewed 24 February 2018

We normally love Air New Zealand and highly recommend this airline but this flight was not memorable. No food! only Water coffee or tea to drink. No movies! unless you pay money. The worst Air NZ flight we have been on. They need to up the standard of this flight. They have downgraded the standard to that of Jetstar. Our flight to NZ on Virgin was better at least we got orange juice.