“Premium Economy first timer”
Review of Air New Zealand

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Check in at LAX was speedy and courteous and I was whisked through with personal assistance at the boarding pass kiosk. I had upgraded to Premium Economy as I wanted more legroom than in Economy. It was quite expensive but I needed the space, and it was nice to board before the Economy fliers .I was a little surprised that the seat itself was not more comfortable. In the upright position one feels a little thrust forward, and have to stay that way whenever the seat belt sign is on. But when in recline position it was just OK, not wonderful. There are various slightly complicated controls that one is expected to know about such as reaching over one's lap with TWO hands to lift the Recline and Tilt Controls. I found the control mechanisms in general annoying and not that obvious how to work. The tray table can be pulled out at various angles and so can the tv screen but in the dark and when tired, you fumble around to figure out what to press even after having seen the instructional video. It was nice not to have someone too close to me as the middle section seating is in a crescent shape and the other occupant was facing outward at an angle, as I was. The airline staff were all very nice and it was a pleasant and smooth flight. Current movies were not of interest to me so I concentrated on Classics and Award Winning films. Chicken entree was delicious but why serve prawns for starters, with no choice? Many people don't eat shellfish or have restrictions. I skipped the prawns and also skipped breakfast which was a fancy kind of quesadilla the like of which i have never seen in LA, a little too over the top gourmet and health-food tasting . I just ate the croissant. I would fly this category again to get the extra legroom and courteous customer service, but not specially for the seating which I would rate average.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
1  Thank Helen A
There are newer reviews for Air New Zealand

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Very good flight although the food was yucky I really enjoyed the service. It was out standing! It was a very smooth flight. But they need more movie variety.

Hard to fault. Great service and excellent aircraft. In AKL transit,

Very good business lounge, breakfast and shower facilities, but why do they let themselves down so badly with 10 cent shaving kits?? A really painful experience. Maybe they should offer a $1 premium upgrade option?

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I didnt know what to expect on this long haul service from Hong Kong to Auckland, i neednt have worried.

I had a window seat and two spare seats next to me (although a nice Kiwi lady did join me on the isle seat to give her more room)

The cabin crew were pleasant and helpful and served a lovely chicken dinner.

Plus the inflight entertainment was superb as was the moving map to track our position.

And to top it all my bag arrived from London without me seeing it in Hong Kong.. hooray..

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Payed that little bit extra on this flight to see if it was worth it , well and truly was service exceptional , great new planes and inflight entertainment , food was also excellent . The extra 50 pounds a head for skycouch was definitely worth it for the extra bit of legroom .
My favourite little extra was being able to order a drink via your tv entertainment system . Great stuff highly recommend!!!