“SUDDEN CHANGE FROM BUSINESS CLASS TO ECONOMY WITHOUT INFORMATION”
Review of Air India

Reviewed 6 April 2018

Was travelling from Bengaluru to Bhopal via Delhi Business Class on 02 April 18. Was taking flight IC 501 from Bengaluru to Delhi, then IC 437 Delhi to Bhopal. As I was checking in at Bengaluru Kempegowda International Airport, I was informed that though I was booked Business Class from Delhi to Bhopal, the class had been downgraded to Economy as the flight had been made all Economy. I asked about my check in baggage, as it was more than the authorised weight for Economy, about Lounge Facilities at Delhi as the wait was over 4 hours, my through Check In as I wanted to travel unencumbered and the refund of fare.
I was told that the baggage would be adjusted at Delhi and lounge facilities would be accorded to me. However I will have to collect my check in baggage at Delhi, go out of the airport again re-enter from the Departures side and re-check in as the two classes were different and through check in was not permitted. Regarding the refund, I was told it would be done automatically by Air India online.
Well I had to bear the discomfort of exiting the Delhi airport, re-entering Departures,, rechecking in my baggage. The excess baggage was not charged, also I was provided Lounge facilities. However at the Check In Counter, the individual gave me a centre seat and made my boarding pass as such. It was noticed by his supervisor, who asked him why he was doing that on a Business Class Ticket and then he made the change and an aisle seat was provided.
Well I am still waiting for the refund.
Poor show Air India, at least the passengers could be informed in advance in such conditions.

Date of travel: April 2018
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (5,238)

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We were travelling from Mumbai to Chc via Delhi and Sydney.
Due to their own flight delay on the first leg from Mumbai to Delhi, we were told that the connecting flight to Sydney which was also an Air India had left and we would have to leave the next day.
Then they put us up really in a really dingy hotel with a very questionable taxi( I am sure it was used for purposes which I can’t even name).
What I am surprised is when I asked the staff at the airport, I doubt they even called any other hotel in front of us and lied to our faces saying it was full. When we called the hotel later, they said it had rooms available. On top of it, when my husband had called her earlier, she hung up the phone right on his face.
They have put up people of foreign nationals in decent and good 4 star hotels and treat Indians like they are third grade citizens.

Air India you represent our country across the globe. Surprised you’d treat us this badly.

1  Thank PadminiA3
Reviewed 5 April 2018

I had booked a return flight from London to Bengaluru with this company. On the return leg from Delhi one of the business class loos had a major problem as the cabinet containing the basin etc fell out and in the end had to be strapped up with sticky tape otherwise no-one could have used it. The business class compartment could have been cleaner. It had obviously not been checked out as some people had a bottle of water and others did not. It was adequate but nothing to write home about. I have had better food and lay out of food on other airlines but they were more expensive! For a Dreamliner I was not that impressed. However the seat did turn into a flat bed and I did get some proper sleep. The staff were friendly and helpful.

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

The check in was excellent. The boarding poor.The in flight service was also poor.The in flight snack was very good.The seats terrible.The leg room not enough.The flight was comfortable. The tolets were clean.

Date of travel: April 2018
Reviewed 5 April 2018

Flight was comfortable as Air India do allow you to have more leg space and seat width to sit comfortably, unlike other leading international airlines. However the ground service associates can do better in their approach. Also Air India must invest in Entertainment in flight services, 4 hour long flight with no entertainment is too long and becomes boring.