“Satisfied with AIr France ”
Review of Air France

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

I have been using Air France since 25 year in Economy and Business for flights to Asia and Americas and I can’t complain at all. To start, Air France flies everywhere and Charles de Gaulle is outstandingly served with lots of daily flights from all European cities. I have always flown in well maintained and clean aircrafts , Air crew it’s always kind and helpful , good in flight entertainment, decent food , decent seat pitch. Their premium economy class it’s indeed very good with “old type business seats”. Most frequent fliers complain frequent strikes and luggage lost; in 25 years I never lost a baggage with AF and in one occasion , coincidentally with a strike at CDG , I have been, rebooked onto another airline and reached my destination on time as scheduled. I find their fares very competitive and it is my European Airline of choice for Intercontinental flights.

• Value for money
Write a ReviewReviews (25,494)

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Air France franchises out much of its business, which is fine until something goes wrong. We had flights cancelled and thus needed to rebook. Air France didn’t want to take responsibility and told us we had to deal with the franchised carrier, which turned out to be difficult. Not a good experience.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

We were on a connecting flight from Copenhagen. In Paris we had only 45 minutes to shift to our plane to Tel Aviv. It was to short time. We had to run to a gate far away. It was very stressful. Arriving at Ben Gurion our suitcase wasn’t there.

We had to spend two half days waiting for our suitcase to arrive. A lot of time, hence we only had two full days in Jerusalem. We didn’t travel so far to wait for our suitcase. First day the delivery company missed to get in contact with us. Then they refused to give a second delivery, and I had to complain to make them do it again.

The service on the flight itself was fine. Average food and free drinks.

Reviewed 19 February 2019

I was to travel to Paris from Mumbai, India on 11th Feb 2019. I looked for Air France tickets & booked. However I got email from JOON. On closer inspection, the ticket was from AirFrance only, but operated by an agency called JOON.

I had never heard about JOON, so I boarded the plane with fingers crossed. However to my pleasant surprise, the service was very good, the flight was smooth & in flight entertainment was excellent. the flight crew was English speaking, so no problem in communication.

However I had one strange experience. When the air hostess appeared for serving pre-dinner beverages, I asked for red wine (which I had always relished in all my earlier flights.) She simply refused. She said the wine can be obtained only if I approach the crew station. I told her....France is famous for wines & how come you refuse me to serve at my seat. To this she smilingly said, yes wine is available but can be given only at crew station & not at the seat. I was utterly confused & left the point, since it was very late in night & finished dinner & slept off.

In my return flight no. AF 0218 Paris to Mumbai, I asked the purser right before plane took off, what that air hostess could have meant & explained to him whole incident. He also said it was very strange & red wine was always available & could not be refused. She need not have asked me to go to crew station. So he served me two small bottles & asked to enjoy. Later he came up for a chat & asked if I liked the wine & I enjoyed it.

Anyway. Except for the above incident, the flight experience was superb & cuisine was very tasty. In flight tv screen was very good for use & contents was excellent.

I am sure I will use Air France JOON again & again....even for my journey ahead of France to US. Regards.

• Food and Beverage
    • Check-in and boarding
Reviewed 19 February 2019

I hadn’t flown Air France for 30 years. The flight was great. The food good and the service very attentive.

I love flying the A380 but am a little confused why the airline do not have individual business class lie flat beds like most other airlines operating A380s.

• Food and Beverage