“Great flight”
Review of Air France

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I hadn’t flown Air France for 30 years. The flight was great. The food good and the service very attentive.

I love flying the A380 but am a little confused why the airline do not have individual business class lie flat beds like most other airlines operating A380s.

• Check-in and boarding
Write a ReviewReviews (25,405)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I take this flight around 3 times a year. Unfortunately, I have to say that very often there is some delay (around 1h or more).
Besides that, the service, food, and entertainment are very good.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We flew from Birmingham UK to Charles de Gaulle on Sunday, with an overnight stop. Next day we flew to St Maarten. Upon our arrival after a long wait we were told one of our suitcases was still in Paris. We were given a document telling us we could spend 100 euros on essentials. We went by ferry to Anguilla and told they would get the case to us as soon as possible.
When we contacted Air France the next day we were told it would be on the flight on Wednesday. On the Wednesday we were told the plane out that day was delayed. The case could not be collected until Thursday at the port in Anguilla after 3pm and that we would have to go to the port to collect it as it would have to go through customs.
My husband has a skin condition which necessitates he wears a hat. This along with the sunscreen and toiletries were in the delayed case. So for four days I had very few clothes. So we bought toothbrushes toothpaste, two pairs of panties, a sun hat and sunscreen.
Anyone going to Anguilla would know there are very few shops. We had a receipt for the hat, sunscreen, toothpaste and toothbrushes and taxi to the port and back.
So cutting our last day on Anguilla short we went to collect the case. We also spent time emailing and phoning the airport and Air France. As we were due to go on a cruise we were concerned I would have few clothes.
We contacted Air France as we would not be back home to make a claim within the 21 days required. We had confirmation that it would be OK to make a claim when we returned.
On our return I went on the internet to complete the form online. Copied my receipts.
A reply said they could not be read. One receipt had slightly faded so I resent with my credit card statement (26 US$). 10 $ for toothpaste, 27$ for sunscreen and 28$ for the taxi. I resent all the copies.
We have recieved £28. We were told the taxi was to paid by us even though this loss occurred through their incompetence.They did not accept credit card statements as it does no specify what was bought. I think for four days inconvienience our claim was small plus all the time spent tracking down the return of the case and contacting Air France. I sent an email giving them them the web page of the shop where the hat was purchased to show it was around the corner from the hotel. We walked 2 miles to buy suncreen.
I would never travel with them again as I feel they did not believe we bought these items. The plane was old the screen on my seat was cracked and the sound hardly audible. I had the pasta as I do not eat chicken and when the snack came it was chicken sandwich with no alternative. On our return flight my seat did not fully recline but the person infront had there seat fully reclined so it was very cramped and I got no sleep.
What a pathetic Airline. Sorry they are good at one thing saying "they are sorry for the inconvenience". I think they have no idea of the stress they create.

Date of travel: January 2019
1  Thank ClearBlueSkies007
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We almost never travel business class, but this time we burned all our saved miles to get an upgrade: the plane was fitted with the latest individual "cabins"that give you privacy, a flat bed and plenty of space. We also got the gourmet lunch and snack with the onboard service which is always outstanding on Air France whether you are flying economy or business. The flight left and arrived on time (not always the case on this particular flight). It was simply great.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

A much better than usual experience. The service was very good. The breakfast they served was also nice. Overrall a good experience.