“They don't get it!”
Review of Air France

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This was our third experience boarding in Montreal on Air France and once again they treated the non-first class patrons like cattle. What a contrast to their other Flying Blue partners. During the flight the service was indifferent at best.

Date of travel: October 2018
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (24,725)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Hand luggage was 3kg extra weight and the lady measuring it seemed simply so much annoyed by any kind of question about it that she wasn't of any help despite our efforts in explaining her the whole context (we Just checked in two luggages under the maximum weight cause staff there didn't tell us a weight measurement of handluggages was necessary,we came from a 30 days travel,...). No way to interact somehow, 30 seconds time and than "next please!" eventi of It was 6pm sunday and nobody was waiting. No more time for intercaction,no more time for people.

1  Thank The-Winston-Smith84
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

From LAX to Paris, CDG Airport: Flight was bumpy, that's understandable.
Food: Pack your own food!
Service: Poor. They had us going to the food service corner to retrieve our drinks and snacks instead of giving the food and beverage to us.
Flight Attendants: Not friendly!

Flight from CDG to LA: Flight was smoother.
Food: Pack your own food!
Flight Attendants: Friendly and served our food and beverage. We were on the upper deck, you would never feel any different regardless if your at the lower or upper deck during the flight.

Our flight AF0076 was cancelled, that's understandable. But the way they handled scrambling to accommodate us could have been handled better. First they said the computer down, to wait for 30 minutes which turned to hours. They told us to sit and wait while they find out what's wrong with their check-in program because without this check-in program we cannot board the plane. Thirdly after about 3 hours they had us board the plane and once we all were on board after an hour, they had us get out of the plane because now LAX program won't allow us to deplane (get out of the plane once we land at LAX).

I'm a heart patient and I specifically asked for bulkhead seats due to my condition. We prepaid for our seats to and from Paris, France. DON'T PREPAY for your seats because they won't accommodate you! At LAX leaving for Paris the counter lady accommodated me for a bulkhead seat because she realized I'm a heart patient. Due to a cancelled flight from CDG Airport from Paris to LAX, we opted to sleep at the airport because of so many changes with their cancellations, we didn't want to risk missing the flight AF0066 from Paris/CDG to LAX. I pleaded for a bulkhead seat because I'm a heart patient but they had to separate us to accommodate me alone. I opted for our assigned seats instead so if something happens to me my family would be there to monitor me if something were to go wrong with me while on flight. Not good!

DO NOT BUY FLIGHT INSURANCE! That's an upsell to trick-f*** you into spending more money.

DO NOT PREPAY FOR YOUR SEATS! Again, that's to trick-f*** you to spend MORE money!

MAKE SURE YOUR CARRY-ON LUGGAGE CONFORMS TO INTERNATIONAL FLIGHT MEASUREMENTS! One of our carry on was an inch too long (the wheels) so I pleaded to the counter lady that we prepaid our seats going to and from to at least give us a PASS on this carry on. NO CAN DO, SHE SAYS! WE PAID 50 EUROS THAT'S 57 USD! for a carry on luggage! Another way to trickf*** you into spending MORE money!

Overall, AIR FRANCE I WOULD NEVER EVER FLY AGAIN!!!

ON A SCALE OF 1 TO 10 WITH 10 BEING EXTREMELY SATISFIED AND 1 BEING EXTREMELY DISSATISFIED? WHAT DO YOU THINK?! I'D GIVE THEM A RATING OF -10!! IF THERE EVER WAS SUCH A RATING!!

DO NOT FLY AIR FRANCE!!!

FLY ANOTHER CARRIER!!!

1  Thank MannyDestura
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Booked business class as a special treat for a holiday to Vietnam. Flight out to Vietnam was with Vietnam Airways and it was superb. Complete luxury, fantastic food and excellent service. Unfortunately Air France changed the return flight and we had to fly back from Vietnam Air France. I have never been so disappointed. As you would expect, I couldn't wait to see my own little pod with all the business class treats you get when paying three times the ticket price. The plane we were told was old so the set up seating arrangement was a two, three, two which was more like an premier economy than business class. I had to wake people up to visit the toilet and the food was dreadful. Infact it was the worst flight I have ever taken and I have flown a lot. I will never travel with Air France again - a real disappointing end to our amazing holiday.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The flight was fine and the airplane was in nice condition. However the food was terrible (no flavor and did not sit well in any of our stomachs) and the flight attendants were moody and rude to us. I went back to go to the bathroom and the flight attendants got mad at me for being in their way. I did not feel served in any sense and the experience was definitely sub par.