“Great Service!”
Review of Air France

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I had a pleasant flight on Air France flying from Johannesburg to Berlin. I fly frequently and this is the 3rd time I fly with Air France and they never dissapoint me.

Date of travel: November 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (23,281)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We decided to travel Air France Le Premier class on our recent vacation due to our very enjoyable experience last year on the SFO/Paris route.
While quite a bit more expensive than other First Class Airline tickets, the value is there in our view.
The Paris reception is the best we have ever experienced, we were personally met at the terminal, checked in, escorted through immigration/customs and on to the lounge. The lounge has full service dining with superior quality food and attentive wait staff, no crowded, mediocre buffet as you find in most airline lounges!
Close to departure time, we were taken by chauffeured car to board the aircraft, very VIP!
With just 4 seats in First, the service was unmatched. Dining was excellent as were the high quality beverage menus. You can order from a variety of starters, entrees, snacks, cheeses and desserts......whenever you like.
The "private compartments" (really spacious lay-flat beds/seating areas) were new and well planned.
The one minor thing my wife and I thought could use improvement was the limited selection of movies.
We will fly Air France Le Premier whenever we travel to Paris in future!

Date of travel: November 2018
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Priced as low as low-cost airline, everything was top-notch and a meal was in the price. I have no problems with going to Europe for a month with carry on bag only.

Date of travel: August 2018
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The Airport experience was not bad at CDG. The flight was delayed. We were not informed on the reason for the delay. Since we were with kids, they checked us in early, and asked to move on to the aero bridge, but we had to wait there for a couple hours due to the delay.

After boarding, we were seated. The Premium Economy seats were better on the upper deck of the Airbus 380 ! Felt like just short of a Business Class. Looked a bit dated, and could have been a bit fresher.

I had changed the meal for my son 48 hrs before the flight, but the airline did not honor it. When I asked to get some thing else if available, they rudely declined the request. In fact, they did not even have a child meal for my 3 yr old, for whom we had booked a child meal 3 months in advance. Seems to be a lack of information flow.

Other than those, most other things were good and as expected from the airline.

Date of travel: August 2018
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The seats were were wider than US airlines, spaced further apart, the seat backs don't go back so far that you can't get out of your seat for the restroom. You got a complimentary champagne, wine with the meal, and an after dinner drink. Food was good. The flight staff was very nice. My only complaint was on the way out (a redeye for us) they did not come around with water very often. It was very dry in the cabin. It was our first flight with them, but it won't be the last.

Date of travel: October 2018