“Must improve seat booking”
Review of Air France

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

When you buy a ticket on-line, you don't know where you will be seated nor Air France allows you to see it. Only at check-in time, ie 30 hrs before the actual trip, you can view your seat number and eventually buy an option for changing the seat. In our case, it meant that I had to be up at 6:00 am the day before in order to view our seat allocation. Of course, we were assigned seats at the back of the plane and I was "convinced" that I needed to change seat. Of course, the only remaining seats were the exit seats for which you need to buy the option. Why don't we get the possibility of buying seats at booking time?

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (22,246)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

It is hard to differentiate between the major airlines but I have found on my recent flights across the Atlantic with Air France that their customer service is pretty good. Yes, Premium Economy is just up from Cattle Class, the food and drink is the same (very average), but friendly staff make a difference. You get a better seat (it doesn't go anywhere near flat, but it has a hard shell so that when the person in front tips their seat back, it doesn't invade your space), a little more room and a little goodie bag with socks, toothbrush etc.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My wife and I had two recent experience travelling on Air France. First time was in December 2017, we were travelling from Washington, DC to Cotonou, Benin. My wife's luggage did not arrive at Cotonou for about 48 hours after we arrived. Fortunately, we were visiting our son, so he helped us buying the essentials. The recent experience was more terrible. We were travelling from Washington, DC to Cape Town, South Africa in September 2018. When we arrived at the Cape Town Airport at 9 PM on September 4 the luggage of all of us did not arrive with us. So most of our first day in Cape Town was spent in buying the essentials. My advise to other travelers, don't fly on Air France if you have checked luggage. For us their batting average in lost luggage is 100%. I guess it cannot be any worse.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We were super impressed with Air France, the flight attendants were efficient, the food was great (we were served 2 meals on the flight from Minneapolis to Paris), flights were on time and the gates in the connecting city were close together. Plus the ticket prices were a steal. We would definitely fly Air France again!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Both legs were as expected, the flights were in time, boarding fast and professional, catering on board simple, friendly, helpfull crew.