“Polite efficient”
Review of Air France

Reviewed 16 January 2018

We flew roundtrip on Air France in December/January. We had a layover in Paris in both directions. The flight crew was efficient and had a pleasant demeanor. The movie and entertainment selection was extensive and varied, and the meals were good. The flight to Paris actually ran ahead of schedule, but on our return from Paris back to states the flight took over an hour to board due to security checks as we were boarding. Premium select guests actually got on later than most non premium as they only had one person doing security in their line, whereas the other line had three. Therefore, our flight took off nearly an hour late. We did make up good time in the air, but we had a tight connection in Atlanta, and I had a hard time getting anyone to help with that. The flight staff told us we could not deplane first since it was a full flight. One young woman attendant tried to be extra helpful, but the rest of the staff acted like they did not care. Also, the leg from Paris to Tel Aviv they would not let me take on my carry on bag(it's TSA size approved) and gate checked it. When I got on the plane I noticed there was lots of extra space in the overhead bins, so I am not sure why they would not let me take it on. They tried to do the same in Tel Aviv, but the gate agent took extra pity on my and allowed me to carry it on. I would fly this airline again, but would not have such long layovers in Paris(5 hours plus).

1  Thank Travelmom723
Write a ReviewReviews (22,813)

Reviewed 16 January 2018

Our return flight was delayed for over an hour due to insufficient Cleaning staff. When you see the disgusting mess people leave in their seat area this would not surprise you! However, my husband and I (seniors) have never asked to be boarded ahead of others so we had been in the Economy line for over an hour when I was standing beside a gate Agent who was looking after the Priority line. I made a comment to the effect that it was good that he didn't have to deal with delays too often and after a short hesitation he asked us to take a seat and he would "look after" us when boarding began. Before boarding was called he spoke to a few of the other gate agents and told us to follow them to pre-board! This was definitely the highlight of our trip and I wish I had taken note of the Agent's name. I did speak to Air France Customer Care and the lady was very happy that for a change she wasn't dealing with a complaint!

Reviewed 16 January 2018

Pleasant flight...on time...food was adequate...pleasant staff..have always enjoyed flying Air France...seats are a bit cramped...the same on most European flights

Reviewed 16 January 2018

For an 8 hour flight the plane is super uncomfortable. Very small... i am 1.68 cm and my knees were touching the sit in front of me. I paid $30 US to have a better seat... dont!
We have to reset the seats at meal time...
The entertainment was terrible, low quality
Food was good though!!
Staff was great...

1  Thank 618gabrielah
Reviewed 16 January 2018

I will never fly on this plane again. Air France is the only one who squeezes in a 3-4-3 configuration - all other airlines use a 3-3-3. They also give zero legroom - I battled with the legroom and am only 5'7". It is not as if I am a green traveler - been around the world many times, but will pay whatever premium I have to, to NOT fly on this awful plane.