“I strongly DO NOT recommend ”
Review of Air France

Reviewed 21 September 2017 via mobile

It's been some time since I've made my last assessment here. In that time, I have been in several places always very well attended and with no complaints of hospitality. I even regretfully failed to privilege who really deserves praise. Surely at another time I will be just with the right recommendations. Today, I am here to provide a useful service for all. I had never used the services of Air France before. As an opportunity for a vacation trip, I opted for family group flight. Close people and virtual opinions did not point to good reviews, but even so, I remained in the decision to use the services of this company. Today, dear friends, I find myself in a situation of statistics, just like the others. I am also a victim of the lousy service provided by this company. It caused me a disservice among poorly trained employees, mismatched information and lost luggages. Add to this the lack of customer service. Believe in the information of a senior evaluator: I strongly DO NOT recommend Air France. I have been in transit for two days waiting for undeliverable luggages ...

1  Thank Mocreu
Write a ReviewReviews (15,666)

Reviewed 21 September 2017 via mobile

This is the worst scheduled airline I fly with. They have no empathy when things go wrong and certainly don't care about customers. On this route they managed to lose my luggage twice in the last three trips alone. Their reaction - nothing! I complained about a booking error - nothing other than a stock reply - no action taken.
Additionally their direct bookings are a rip off - frequently we get bookings through then that are twice the price via agents - surely on this internet age they must think we are idiots to do that.
The only thing in their favour is that the crew are usually pretty friendly and accommodating - not more so than other airlines but I'd say that they make a decent effort considering they probably get managed as appallingly as their passengers - if that is the case then well done to them for still caring.

Sorry AirFrance but you need to start realising customers can and will walk away when possible. I certainly do and we have a policy of booking alternatives where possible in order to support the carriers who just try harder, treat customers with respect and create an environment where their staff are empowered to look after their passengers.

3  Thank Mark L
Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

My issue is firstly with the Charles de Gaulle airport.
Our reservation said terminal 2e,once we arrived we were told to go to terminal 2f,quite distant,and the back to 2e for embarkation...without any advice.
Once we got to the gate,we did not hear the change of gate (
Our fault?) .Finally tried to go on the second gate,at this point pretty annoyed (We are both 73 years old,widely traveled).The person at the gate considered me aggressive and threatened me not to a
let me in the flight ,wow.The supervisor walked us to the plane and introduced us to ...security
! Fortunately the person,
Mary,treated us like passengers and not potential criminals .
The issue is nobody in Air France
airport staff showed any inter
est in hearing us out. Adieu Air France

2  Thank marcio K
Reviewed 20 September 2017

The flight experienced a malfunction and was cancelled but the service provided to find new alternatives was non existent ... it took 4 hours wit the service desk for the whole flight being manned by one poor Czech customer service provider trying her best. The queue just grew and grew and customers were gettting more and more aggressive with no steps taken by AF to do anything. I said to one AF persons who just popped in and didn't stay to help that she should call the managing director to make sure the front line staff were properly looked after.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
3  Thank Val N
Reviewed 20 September 2017

This is about my 17 year old son, who travelled alone from AMS to PLZ. His flight from AMS-CDG was delayed so he missed his connecting flight to JNB. He was not offered a hotel because he was a minor and was not allowed to leave the airport (?!) They put him in a desolated lounge at 01:00 AM and told him he had to leave there around 06.00 AM. His flight would only be at 23.25 PM. Early in the morning I was able to arrange a room for him in the Yotel in the terminal, not thanks to the efforts of Air France. When he arrived in JNB the next morning, his luggage did not make it, therefore he had to do the paperwork in JNB and missed his connecting flight. Luckily he could take another flight (arranged by himself) later in the afternoon to PLZ, where he arrived after a trip of 45 hours. Still without luggage. Now a week later, his backpack is probably on it's way to JNB and will maybe arrive in PLZ sometime. Trying to find someone at Air France who feels responsible for the mess is virtually impossible. They all hide behind their procedures and basically tell you to solve it on your own (=get lost). Ik have booked an AF flight to CPT late November, really looking forward to it.

3  Thank LTGuide