“Average airline with lousy service”
Review of Air France

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I've flown Air France several times over the past 3 years and have been moderately happy in the past. But my most recent flight with them left me wishing I had booked with Delta instead.

International flights are never great when you're stuck in economy, but Air France somehow was able to make it worse. First of all, the only way you can reserve a seat in advance of checking in is if you pay a fee (not the case with other large international carriers). I thought I'd take my chances because I've had good luck in the past and they normally are able to give me a window seat. This time though I got stuck in the middle of the middle row. And I wasn't the only one with a bad seat; about 4 other couples and families sitting in the rows next to me were split up, with couples being placed is different rows very far apart.

Aside from the crappy seat selection, we were delayed on take off and there was no indication to the passengers about our expected time of departure or why we were delayed.

Once we got into the air I expected things to get better. About 45 minutes into the 8.5 hour flight they started dinner service. Not even halfway down the plane they ran out of the chicken meal. I was expecting to be given pasta automatically but instead they were able to heat up more chicken meals, but it took them a good 20 minutes to do so. They should have been prepared because most people choose the meat option. My husband, sitting next to me, got his meal (chicken) 15 minutes before I got mine and had completely finished eating by the time my meal arrived. And during this entire time the crew never bothered to mention to any of the passengers that they were going to bring us food. At one point they completely stopped serving food to one side of the plane. When they came back with more food, they skipped rows and people were complaining that they didn't get a meal. Poorly coordinated.

After the dinner fiasco, passengers settled into their seats. I was expecting the crew to come around with water or just to check on people every couple hours. But I didn't see a single crew member for about 6 hours, not until we were an hour away from our destination.

Besides the crappy service I experienced on board, the seats in economy are not comfortable and have very little leg room. And when the person in front of you leans their chair back, that leaves very little room for you. Aside from the leg room, the personal movie screen is very small and the movies offered are slim. And there is no place to plug in a USB (other airlines have this for all seats in economy). Also, in order to hear the audio from a movie correctly, you have to use the headphones the airline provides because they use two prongs instead of a single headphone jack.

I will definitely be using a different airline next time I travel. One that starts with a D and ends with an A. Their planes are much nicer and they have better service.

There are newer reviews for Air France

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Through a booking via Klm, we found ourselves using Air france for the first time in years,....and for the last we hope! The equipment was just outdated, smelly over used seats cover, a 19th century's moody touchscreen, unfriendly as possible user interface, not to mention the poor choice of features, I even had to tape my headphones because the plug wasn't working!! Most of the staff seemed welcoming but our Steward wouldn't loose an opportunity to be rude to anyone requesting his help, unbelievably aloof. The "funny" thing was we had a video promoting " le chic" of Air france to start the flight, well certainly nothing was "chic" except that ad during this 12 hours trip.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

We bougth a ticket by a website for a cheap rate , the never told me i have to Pay by baggage...only in the Counter i was notify

Reviewed 21 August 2017

We were not seated together and noticed several other passengers in the same position, also unhappy. Customer service staff were completely unhelpful at the airport and refused to do anything. The same response came from the cabin crew and we were forced to request other passengers to change seats, something that we should not have to do.
Food was laughable and consisted of a pastry served from a communal basket, so none were in sealed packaging. Very, very unhygienic!!!!
Oh, and drinks consisted of tea, coffee and still water.....wow....what choice!!!!! I asked for a diet coke but was told that was not available.
Seating was uncomfortable.
BA is a much better choice and better service.

Reviewed 21 August 2017

Air France is living up to its lousy reputation. One particulary rude flight attendant.
Forget about the meals.