“Horrible”
Review of Air Europa

Reviewed 19 April 2024

I have bought two return tickets from JFK to Madrid and from Madrid to JFK. I've attached the itinerary. On our return flight, we got the boarding passes they got me for the TSA test, too. I wasn’t feeling well and went to use the restroom. I haven’t heard any announcements. When we reached at the gate they said we couldn’t get to the plane. I had to be back to attend an event. I have been requesting. The plane was at the gate the cute was still attached but the staff didn’t hear anything and I saw a flight attendant coming out of the plane I told three ladies that this flight attendant just came out please let us go in. I have to pay for an extra night at the hotel. And oh my god, there are two new return tickets. It is a huge expense. I have been trying to explain to them, but the staff didn’t listen to anything. They mistreated us.

1  Thank saman c

Reviewed 17 April 2024

Great service, they have wifi onboard and business class was more affordable than economy with klm and transavia. Everything was great, highly recommend.

Reviewed 8 April 2024

I was attracted by affordable business class rates. Unfortunately the concept of “you get what you paid for” fully applied here. The boarding wad such an appalling and disorganized mess that by the time I got into my seat, I was abs exhausted. It was certainly not premium class experience but rather the worse I’ve ever had process. Poor communication, crowded gate, ticket readers not working, tickets from code share partners having to he reissued, etc. Further, the airline doesn’t have the gate rights in JFK which meant a 10-15 minute ride in a freezing bus to the outskirts of the airport. Once we got there, we had to climb a mutli-tiered ramp to get to the plane with all carry on luggage in hand. It was dark, windy and cold. Really a surreal experience for modern aviation. Once we boarded, the only choice of welcome drink was water or a horrible lemonade that my son opted for but couldn’t drink. I cannot opine on food as I was extremely tired and passed out. My son told me dinner was decent (by 13-year old standards) and served more than 2 hours after the take off. They did have really good coffee just before landing. I have to hand them that. That’s about the only good thing that happened on that flight.

Date of travel: March 2024
1  Thank Katerina_CA
Reviewed 7 April 2024

First impression upon boarding was good. Looked clean, and staff has kept even the toilets clean through out the 11hr flight from MVD to LGW. Flight was on time and arrived ahead of schedule which was a bonus. BUT was disappointed with service. They served food within 2 hours of boarding the plane. I'm not stranger to flying longhaul flights so I was quite surprise with what they served for how much we paid for. Our lunch consist of what seem like 3 spoon full of rice and chicken, literally 1 stick of steamed carrot; small bread, and a butter and pudding. That was it. Head phones which are normally free, with this airline you have to pay for it. Any other snack you need to pay for too. Only served drink that tou don't have to pay for extra was just before landing.

Other flights I've been on 6-9 hrs, they serve full meals twice plus snacks!

Staff weren't great either.

Lesson learned, research about the airline before booking..

I would very much try to avoid this airline as much as possible.

It become a very uncomfortable 11hr flight.

1  Thank TravelLustMomma
Reviewed 3 April 2024

The moment we boarded the flight, the flight crew ( 2 air hostesses) was soo unprofessional, without greeting and making faces at passengers and just gossiping with a very condescending look . That’s how they welcome yeh passengers just putting off the mood for a trip. Then one of their female crew just stood in front of our seat and didn’t allow us to put our luggage in the upper bin saying it’s only one bag, everything else she doesn’t care and literally yelled at us. While she allowed the other passenger on the opposite seat to put all their bags up. WTF . Who yells at the passengers. Is this a way to treat any human considering it’s a hospitality business. Never flying with them and not even recommend to any of my friends and family. I travel a lot but this experience is a disaster

1  Thank Siddhi G
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.