“Could not be any worst!”
Review of Air China

Reviewed 20 September 2017

I would never fly this airline again, nor recommend it. The seats are ridiculously tight and the service was not friendly. My friend and I reserved seats on line after using their poor navigational website. By check in we were not seated together. I bought a round trip Lax to Dubai and return. All flights were less than pleasant.

1  Thank Rosemarie M
Write a ReviewReviews (3,083)

Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

I have been flying by Airchina over many years and more than 20 times just because price is always cheaper than other airlines when you fly from Beijing to Sydney.
Every time I was dissatisfied by their slow website, poor service counter, disgusting airplane meal and business lounge meal.
In addition, so skinny chairs have no leg rooms for long distance flights like 12 hrs. When there is turbulence on air they immediately speak Chinese so you won't even know what will happen when flight attendants speak English.
I know you get what you pay for but even Mongolian Airlines were way better than Airchina.
One time I flied via Hong Hong by Qantas from Sydney, It was heaven, I was treated like in the business even though it was economy class.
Airchina hourly sleeping lounge is disgusting so won't bother having this. Better stay out of the airport if you have enough time. Basically :
✔️Airchina website slowest and inefficient
✔️Airchina representative office ladies so angry all the time, specially in Mongolia Office
✔️Airchina plane meal as far as I know since 2011 never changed & always disgusting
✔️Airchina business lounge meal, even dog won't eat
✔️Airchina flight attendants are angry and not service orientated so you will definitely die first before Chinese people because in the emergency situation you won't understand them.
✔️Airchina planes are so not comfortable, their flight entertainment never works and during the night flight you will smell many different things and noises from co-people
✔️Airchina flight become night mare for me. Hopefully this one will be last one for me flying by Airchina.

Ps: bottled wine is not supplied by Airchina, I only bought for myself before night mare.

3  Thank Crystal B
Reviewed 20 September 2017

I can't begin to explain how furious I am with Air China. I had a flight from Hong Kong to Newark, NJ with a connection in Beijing. My first flight was supposed to be at 8pm, which was then cancelled after I waited in the airport 5 hours. They gave us mediocre snacks and took us to a hotel where they made us share rooms. They took us to the airport in the morning, the flight again delayed 4 more hours. We get on the plane and I make it to Beijing. I missed my connection. They refuse to re-book me on another flight until the next morning. AND they are flying me into New York City without offering transportation to Newark for me. They took us to another hotel after waiting on the bus for an hour. Again, we had to share rooms unless we paid. Air China did not give me a meal voucher and I had no money to buy dinner, because I did not plan to be in China overnight. The next day, my flight takes off and I land in NYC. Without my bags. My bags were lost for over 2 days and Air China refused to give me any money to buy toiletries. I was left with nothing.
Flash forward to 6 weeks later for my return flight to Hong Kong. My flight to Beijing landed late so I had to run to the gate to catch my connection. (It was the last possible gate at the airport) an Air China employee offered to drive me in a golf cart down to the gate. After he started driving, he said he needed $20 USD cash payment. I thought it was a joke. Apparently not, and he made me get off and run to my flight.
I made my flight, but when I arrived in Hong Kong my bags AGAIN were missing for two days. No compensation. I've emailed customer service multiple times and contacted them on Facebook as well. I can't get a response.
DO NOT FLY AIR CHINA. PAY EXTRA MONEY AND FLY WITH A DIFFERENT AIRLINE.
It has been the worst experience dealing with Air China and their customer service. I am appalled at how they lack customer service completely.

3  Thank jeneralcuster
Reviewed 19 September 2017

For our trip home, me my wife and nearly 1 year old baby flew this airline. Our baby was still small enough to use the bassinet offered to use in almost every flight/airline. To make a reservation for this was already a BIG hassle, we had to call them 48 hours before the flight but not earlier than 7 days before the flight, and it took forever to get someone to answer their phone but we succeeded and made the reservation for this bassinet.

When arriving at the airport to check in we were told that me(with the baby) and my wife could not sit together but have to sit 15 ROWS separated from each other, which means the care of the baby comes all to me for 12 hours on this flight, or we could pay an additional 85 EURO for the seat next to me and the baby because these seats have to be paid for. We choose to pay the extra 85 EURO and went on to our flight. On board, after the doors closed, we were very surprised to see the first 2 ROWS behind us were EMPTY!!!!! plus in the same row we were sitting in were 3 other empty chairs. We feel ripped off and tried to get that money back as we were kinda forced to pay this extra money. We contacted Air China in different ways, email and phone, and the only reply we get from them is that we used the seat and they are not going to refund!! It is a million dollar making business and are to cheap to give us back 85 EURO. This was the first time to fly with Air China and for sure the last, all the ground service we experienced by them was awful. Only good thing was the flight crew, they were nice and helpful to us.

1  Thank Alex J
Reviewed 18 September 2017

I didn't have the best experience with Air China. I flew Newark, NJ to Beijing on my way to China and Beijing to Houston, TX on my way back. Both directions I smelled occasional cigarette smoke, which had me wondering who was smoking- passengers, the crew, pilots? I woke up every few hours from my sleep to the smell. My husband smelled it too. It was very disturbing. One person opened the overhead bins to get something and the smell was even stronger then. The flight attendants did not seem to notice and did not speak much English so I just let it be. The food was barely edible, and they only distributed food 2x and no snacks on a nearly 14 hour flight. No bottles of water were offered like Delta, United or American- they only walked around with small cups every now and then. There were not many western films available, so I was left watching movies from the early 2000's such as "Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants". The seats were not well cushioned and VERY crammed, so be sure to put all bags up overhead or book business class.The beer was served warm and the wine was Great Wall- which is horrible. Lastly, the line to check in at Beijing was HORRIBLE! Like nothing I've ever seen before. 4 international fights were checking in at the same time with 3 desks open. What? There were hundreds of people and TONS of luggage in a huge glob of people- no line. People were cutting each other off, cutting the line and pushing their way to check in. We arrived 2.5 hours early and barely made it to the gate in time for boarding. If your hard up to save a little money, and need the cheapest, you'll survive, but I'll be booking an American airline next time!

1  Thank leismith