“Flight was cancelled at the last minute.. the next flight out was 8 hrs later..”
Review of Air Canada

Reviewed 17 February 2019

It was raining in St. John's the morning of my departure,
WestJet flights were going out without a problem.. apparently there was freezing rain earlier, so I had to wait at the airport for 8 hours until the afternoon flight to Toronto & on to Ottawa. Usually Air Canada would give you vouchers to use in the restaurants at the terminal.., they didn't offer me a thing? I got the text of the cancellation from Air Canada, after arriving at the St. John's terminal.. the flight brought me into Toronto & my connecting flight was then delayed into Ottawa.. I eventually got home, it was 10 pm.. my day started at 5 am. the inflight audio visual system was not working properly.. All in All not a great flight.. or service.. by Air Canada.

Date of travel: February 2019
    • Check-in and boarding
Write a ReviewReviews (20,197)

Reviewed 17 February 2019

I have flown this route with BA, AC Rouge and AC. Air Canada wins hands down. BA told us that despite booking 10 months ahead we didn't have seats. Rouge is equivalent to the cheap airlines therefore one has to pay for everything bar the basics. AC treats one courteously, takes care of luggage from start to finish and doesn't mess about. You also get a choice of meals and alcohol; on a transatlantic flight, methinks this is important.

Date of travel: October 2018
Reviewed 16 February 2019

The Air Canada lounge at Heathrow in T2 is very spacious and comfortable. There was a limited selection of food available but enough to have breakfast.Boarding was straightforward although 15 minutes late.

On board the Boeing 767 the interior was quite dated and well worn. Definitely could do with a refresh. The cabin crew were very attentive, friendly and efficient whilst the food was good quality. Maybe not quite up to Emirates/Qatar standards but better than recent experiences with British Airways.

Date of travel: February 2019
Reviewed 16 February 2019

Regardless of whether I fly business or coach, Air Canada is always my preferred carrier. They have the best routes, times and reliability.
When I read reviews (complaints) about delays created by weather, airport ground crew, local airport procedures or other variables outside of AC's control - I discount them. Those situations certainly can contribute to a traveler's overall experience but should not be a reflection of airline service or be a relevant part of a service or destination review.
Anyway, I love the features, service, apps, magazine, support and pretty much everything about AC. I do wish they had better seat sales like in the old days, but otherwise, I always choose Air Canada for travel.

Date of travel: January 2019
Reviewed 16 February 2019

My parents and I flew from Hong Kong to Havana with a layover in Toronto on Jan 31, 2019 (AC0016, AC1876). Our flight from Hong Kong was delayed for a couple hours. Then, partly due to weather in Toronto, our flight from Toronto to Havana was also delayed. After we finally reached Havana (about four hours after our scheduled arrival time), we had realized that all of our three pieces of checked luggage had not come to Havana with us. Including the three of us, there were 20 or so passengers who had their checked luggage missing. Since AC has only one flight from Toronto to Havana each day, our luggage would come one day later at the earliest. Flight delay and missing luggage for all three of us were not the worst. The worst was that we had realized some items had been stolen from our checked suitcases 30 hours later when we finally were delivered the luggage at our Airbnb apartment. The airline had called our Airbnb host at 7-ish the morning to inform us that the luggage was ready to be delivered (one day after our arrival). The delivery truck arrived a bit before 1pm that day. I had looked at the list of delivery that the driver had and he had been to only a few places before coming to my place. So, I don’t know what had taken them so long to come to my location. After we got the suitcases, we had later realized that my pair of Ray-ban sunglasses had been taken from my suitcase. A large pack of tissue paper and a packaged cake were taken away from my mother’s suitcase. Given there had been several segments of flights/transportation from my departure city to the apartment where we stayed, it is hard to pinpoint where could the items been stolen.

Date of travel: January 2019