“There is a difference between AC Rouge and AC”
Review of Air Canada

Reviewed 17 February 2019

I have flown this route with BA, AC Rouge and AC. Air Canada wins hands down. BA told us that despite booking 10 months ahead we didn't have seats. Rouge is equivalent to the cheap airlines therefore one has to pay for everything bar the basics. AC treats one courteously, takes care of luggage from start to finish and doesn't mess about. You also get a choice of meals and alcohol; on a transatlantic flight, methinks this is important.

Date of travel: October 2018
    • Check-in and boarding
Write a ReviewReviews (20,194)

Reviewed 16 February 2019

The Air Canada lounge at Heathrow in T2 is very spacious and comfortable. There was a limited selection of food available but enough to have breakfast.Boarding was straightforward although 15 minutes late.

On board the Boeing 767 the interior was quite dated and well worn. Definitely could do with a refresh. The cabin crew were very attentive, friendly and efficient whilst the food was good quality. Maybe not quite up to Emirates/Qatar standards but better than recent experiences with British Airways.

Date of travel: February 2019
Reviewed 16 February 2019

Regardless of whether I fly business or coach, Air Canada is always my preferred carrier. They have the best routes, times and reliability.
When I read reviews (complaints) about delays created by weather, airport ground crew, local airport procedures or other variables outside of AC's control - I discount them. Those situations certainly can contribute to a traveler's overall experience but should not be a reflection of airline service or be a relevant part of a service or destination review.
Anyway, I love the features, service, apps, magazine, support and pretty much everything about AC. I do wish they had better seat sales like in the old days, but otherwise, I always choose Air Canada for travel.

Date of travel: January 2019
Reviewed 16 February 2019

My parents and I flew from Hong Kong to Havana with a layover in Toronto on Jan 31, 2019 (AC0016, AC1876). Our flight from Hong Kong was delayed for a couple hours. Then, partly due to weather in Toronto, our flight from Toronto to Havana was also delayed. After we finally reached Havana (about four hours after our scheduled arrival time), we had realized that all of our three pieces of checked luggage had not come to Havana with us. Including the three of us, there were 20 or so passengers who had their checked luggage missing. Since AC has only one flight from Toronto to Havana each day, our luggage would come one day later at the earliest. Flight delay and missing luggage for all three of us were not the worst. The worst was that we had realized some items had been stolen from our checked suitcases 30 hours later when we finally were delivered the luggage at our Airbnb apartment. The airline had called our Airbnb host at 7-ish the morning to inform us that the luggage was ready to be delivered (one day after our arrival). The delivery truck arrived a bit before 1pm that day. I had looked at the list of delivery that the driver had and he had been to only a few places before coming to my place. So, I don’t know what had taken them so long to come to my location. After we got the suitcases, we had later realized that my pair of Ray-ban sunglasses had been taken from my suitcase. A large pack of tissue paper and a packaged cake were taken away from my mother’s suitcase. Given there had been several segments of flights/transportation from my departure city to the apartment where we stayed, it is hard to pinpoint where could the items been stolen.

Date of travel: January 2019
1  Thank michaelsP6800HE
Reviewed 16 February 2019 via mobile

My worst experience flying. AC had me on a plane for 8hrs due to weather with no food comp and then found out my flight to Trinidad and Tobago was one of the first to leave when more run ways opened (move than 7other people from my flight were connecting to that Toronto flight).

After standing in line for 2 hrs I was told that my flight was scheduled for the next day (11hrs) and that no hotels were available. So I went to get my luggage.

When I went I didn’t see my bag so I went to baggage claim where they said my bags were being held and re-tagged for my new flight. I had to leave the bag check area and get food after my flight because I still haven’t eaten. I went back to reconfirm my bag would be rerouted with me and was reassured by the AC counter.

After sleeping on the airport floor I checked-in and again inquired about my bag. The assistant at the desk confirmed that my luggage was being retagged and would be at the Port of Spain airport when I arrived.

When I connected flights in Barbados, Caribbean airlines asked that we actually get and re-check-in our bags. When I went with other customers, my bag was missing.

I then called air canada and was disconnected 2x after waiting on hold for about 30 min each time. I also informed Caribbean air lines.

When I arrived in Trinidad I filled out a report with Caribbean Airlines and advised that I knew my bag was still in Toronto with Air Canada. They tried to contact Air Canada but no one was available to help.

I continued to contact Air Canada by phone and email. Eventually I connected and they confirmed my bag was in Toronto still. They then said it was not Caribbean airline’s responsibility; however, they didn’t hang over the bag so it couldn’t be processed by Caribbean airlines.

Eventually Caribbean airlines advised they had a flight coming in each day (and could be linked to Toronto flights); however, they needed Air Canada to hand-over the bag.

Today is Friday, tomorrow is the wedding shower and my bag won’t arrive until midnight Saturday aka Sunday morning. I haven’t had anything since Tuesday morning when I checked-in in Winnipeg. I was forced to use over 500$ to get clothes (between currency exchange, clothes for living and personal care items, and getting around to do so) and items I needed for the shower itself.

Additionally, my whole trip was ruined and limited to a small budget to cover stuff that I already had owned prior to the trip and no further reimbursement was provided (or information as I was in another country).

Date of travel: February 2019