“Late Departure D/T Wait For Guests On An Inbound Flight”
Review of Air Canada

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Original flight cancelled for whatever reason as none given by Air Canada the day prior to departure. Ground staff very helpful and in-flight crew kept guests informed regarding the delay as we waited for about twenty late arriving guests on an inbound flight who needed to make their connection. Not a big deal.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (18,303)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Air Canada's Q400 planes are dependable and reliable although the overhead bins are all but useless for more than a newspaper if that. Flight departed and arrived as per schedule with a rather bumpy approach and landing at Moncton (YQM).

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Our trip to Athens had a stop-over in Toronto. We were told our Rouge plane had mechanical problems and could not be used. We were given a new gate number where another Rouge plane was waiting. However, every 15 minutes an announcement told us that this flight was delayed. Over an hour later, when we finally took off, the captain told us that this new plane had a tire problem and that was the reason for the delays. Having one plane with mechanical problems is understandable, but having two of them out of commission is ridiculous.
In addition, during our 9 hour flight to Athens, there was no entertainment available and no screen or USB port on the seat-back. Moreover, the food was only a notch above hospital food in quality.
In the flight to the bottom that most airlines are involved in nowadays, AC is definitely a leader. We will do anything to avoid flying with them.

1  Thank ronlk
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Worst Airline I have ever used.
I have learned that through my flying history that this is the WORST and most UNDEPENDABLE airline.
They overbook their flights, constantly have delays or cancellations , and have the WORST, IF ANY AT ALL, COSTUMER SERVICE.
I try to avoid this airline like a plague and only for LAST RESORT.
This time I was scheduled to fly direct to Las Vegas in the morning at 8:30. First I was informed a few weeks ago that the flight was caged to 10:25 am. I arrived early at the airport today, only to find out it is delayed again by almost 3 hours.
No costumerservice department at Toronto Airport of course for Air Canada.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I booked at STA CArlton. Due to nature of family emergency I couldn’t tell how long I needed to be away. They have a reasonable fee that gives you lower cost flexibility I did have to change dates and it was so much easier and less costly than prior flight changes related to my father’s death.

Air Canada is, I suppose, enabling and or supporting this system. Thank you! I got a good price as air Canada has only recently started on this route.

Upside - fabulous stewards! On the 3 flights each way, without fault. Many are older women and I don’t know how they kept going, especially the 16+ hours overnight!! That flight had some interesting episodes. Someone was smoking in the toilets and pretty quickly there was an announcement about this being a criminal offence and don’t do it- endangering everyone and you will b arrested on landing.

The first flight was delayed, the one steward on board had everyone’s connecting flights and exactly how and where they needed to go, with reassurance and patience. Very professional and meant great atmosphere on board, and most of us made our connecting flights!!

We had some laughs with the stewards as little accidents happened because some of the water cups were springing leaks and because of the very narrow aisle and seat spaces.

I was happy as my request to have aisle seats submitted by STA was honoured on every flight, given my circulation issues I was very grateful.

The food was overall adequate and pleasant. I was a bit confused as to when food and drink was free and when to pay. It would be good to announce what is on offer when there are complimentary food or drink.

I liked the movie options with cross cultural films and catering to wide audiences. I loved 2 Indian/Canadian collaborative films. One called Union Leader about deaths at work in a moving drama. And ‘secret superstar’ a wonderful cross cultural respect women (family violence) and encourage and support self determination for women and girls.

Overall good value and great service on a long difficult flight ( over 26 hours).