“Canada's Airline”
Review of Air Canada

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Our flight was on time. The plane was full. There were no extra seats. The seats were quite thin and provided minimal comfort.
The seat back entertainment systems were quite nice. The choice offered was also quite impressive.
The onboard meal was adequate. Not bad as far as taste and amount. It was followed up by a minimal snack before arrival in Toronto.
One detractor was the forgotten suitcase in Frankfurt. This was brought on by a connector flight from another airline which was late. One suitcase arrived while the other was delayed in Frankfurt overnight.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (18,277)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Took a flight from Sydney to Newark with a connection though Vancouver. Checked in to finding my flight delayed and rerouted with 2 connectors through Vancouver and Toronto. Was supposed to arrive in a Newark at 4:30pm. Sydney flight was delayed and restrooms was disgusting. Vancouver flight was appauling the seat 31A smelled like fresh uncleaned barf, it was hard to breath. Then to top it off flight from Toronto was delayed as well finally arriving to Newark at 11:30pm!!! I would never recommend air canada to anyone based on reliability and cleanliness.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Flight cancelled yesterday they didn’t give me any compensation and flight schedule today at 17:40 was delayed 2 times and then cancelled. Staff was unhelpful.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Booking was easy enough, airport is fine. AC can’t be blamed for the typical over eager passengers who don’t realise that plane won’t leave without them and therefore crowd the boarding queues so that the lines for the zones become indistinguishable - however when boarding the return flight from
Sydney they clearly announced that all zones would now be boarding causing EVERYBODY to get up. And THEN went along the line calling for priority passengers such as families with children. This was somewhat of a joke. We were annoyed that the first meal options on the return flight were chicken and fish - being seated in the rear our only option became fish. I am not a fussy eater but I do hate fish but never feel it necessary to state when booking because what airline serves fish other than for those with particular requirements? However our hostess sympathized, apologized and brought us more salad and bread from the leftover trays at the end and came back to ensure we had first pick of the breakfast options. It was the best she could do and we appreciated her attempts to salvage the situation. On our outbound flight we occasionally had to seek out more water to keep hydrated but didn’t mind a reason to get up and walk around, while on the returning flight we appreciated that cabin crew consistently walked the aisles offering the water. Cabin space in economy is extremely cramped, planes are older but refurbished with modern trimmings and in seat entertainment.
We can’t complain to much for having gotten the $1200 return sale fare, but I’d have been much more annoyed if I’d paid the regular rate for the fare with the overall inconsistencies. Having walked through the premium economy sections - I would be upset for anybody who paid an additional $1000 for those tickets as the seats hardly looked much bigger and the arm rests appeared to be those that you cannot move up if you are a couple.
I would likely still travel again if the price is right, I’d be cautious who I recommended to depending on who was asking.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Air Canada. Wow what an airline company. The food and drinks was as good as a five star restaurant. The service and flight crew was absolutely fantastic.

Date of travel: March 2018
    • Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)