“A very expensive 1 hour flight (return New York to Ottawa)”
Review of Air Canada

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

After flying 3000 miles for £515 with Norweigan Airlines coming over from London Gatwick the best I could do for return flights from New York to Ottawa Canada was £920! Thats two people flying 400 miles there and 400 miles back at double the cost! It was a pleasant enough trip in the small (60 - 70 seater) plane but the cost per mile per person was 8 times the cost of the long haul flight. ALSO I was warned whilst booking the transatlantic flight you must get an ESTA. There was no warning for the Canadian equivalent (EST?) and we spent a terrible 35 mins furiously typing our details into a laptop at the Newark Airport hoping to be allowed into Canada. Be warned and get that form filled in before flying.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (18,291)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This flight ran largely to time (despite an unexplained gate delay at Heathrow). The premium economy cabin is comfortable and more than adequate for a 7 hour flight. The cabin crew were efficient, although not particularly welcoming. The food choices were limited, but the quality of what was offered was perfectly acceptable - nice that in premium the food is served with proper tableware.

There were a few penny pinching niggles. The supplied headphones were truly appalling in terms of comfort and quality - ensure you bring your own. In flight entertainment was really poor eg compared to BA or Virgin in particular. The drinks service was also quite limited.

I would be happy to use this route with Air Canada again, but they could turn a good product into a great product with just a few minor changes that need not cost them too much.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I will start with there website which i found it to be working and not working, then working and not working. If you want to be a world class air line get some help with your website. Make sure it work's the majority of the time. The check in was typical Air Canada poor as i was traveling to another country they put me down as a Mexican citizen way to go. The flight was very good and the flight crew where good and helpful.

Date of travel: July 2018
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The flight went as scheduled, with no problems. I was very pleased to receive the vegan meals i had requested on boar. Flight staff were pleasant and helpful. Our luggage arrived in a timely fashion. We have never had a problem with Air Canada!

• Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I booked flights for my family and myself for the first leg of a monumental vacation we had been planning for over a year. A simple one hour flight to get to Vancouver. Call me crazy but the fare tier selection process was a little confusing given the fact that the economy class is split in to five different sub classes. Unfortunately I apparently selected a fare class that doesn't allow for any changes or cancellation. When you go to purchase a ticket you don't look for how much money you can spend on it, you look for how much you can save.
So when I needed to make a change I was told on the phone it wasn't possible, but that I could reach out to their customer service via email to plead my case. So I did. Explaining the situation and the fact that I was prepared to pay a fee to change I was sent a response, that I'm sure is a canned email they change the names and dates of, explaining they would not make an exception and if I don't take the flight then I forfeit the entire fare. All FOUR of them. The idea that you have to pay an initial fee to have the option to pay an additional fee later to make a change to a flight is beyond ridiculous. Could you imagine going to a car dealership and being told you have to pay an additional 10% on the vehicles price(which is what it was on my fare price) to even have the option of trading in your vehicle later? The only reason they're able to do this is because there are two major carriers in Canada and unfortunately they're both now doing this. KLM can you please come to Canada and blow these rookies out of the water?

In the words of Liam Gallagher," I'd Rather walk."

Date of travel: November 2018